Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

BEWARE SUDCO CARB KITS=JUNK

Bought anything recently? Liked it? Hated it? Post your review...
CFL
honda305.com Member

sudo kits

Post by CFL » Tue May 28, 2013 10:12 am

Thanks for the information, I was just about to buy two. Any body know why I can't get my 305 carbs to run with the proper mixture? I have tried anything I can think of. The cl77 305 starts without a choke and the choke has no effect while the engine is running. Black scoot all over the exhaust. I have set the floats, the jets the float valve. Had the carbs off 20 times. Many thanks, CFL Mission Viejo, CA

davomoto
honda305.com Member

Post by davomoto » Tue May 28, 2013 1:28 pm

Sounds like something in the pilot circut is plugged. What size and brand are the jets and needles?

Davo

Hoosier Tom
honda305.com Member

Post by Hoosier Tom » Tue May 28, 2013 2:30 pm

Your needle jet (16133-275-004) and or your jet needle may be worn (16151-278-004). Not unheard of to find the hole in the needle jet to be oval'd out allowing fuel to be sucked up the main. That's what I have found on a few 305s that would start without having to be choked. I also have seen the needle diameter worn thin on the area where it sits in the needle jet at idle. Carb issues can be very frustrating.

Good luck- HT

CFL
honda305.com Member

Carb problems

Post by CFL » Tue May 28, 2013 9:09 pm

Thank you for the reply, I have tried two keyster kits. The more I investigate, the more confused I am getting. Can't seem to get the same story twice. Where can I get two kits to properly rebuilt these carbs? I need a 130 main and 38. The engine is black with soot and the liquid gas is on the plugs. Oh well, I'll just keep trying different ways. Thank you again, CFL

Hoosier Tom
honda305.com Member

Post by Hoosier Tom » Tue May 28, 2013 9:42 pm

CFL,

The jet needle is not in a Keyster kit. Don't confuse it with the main jet. I gave you the part number so you could look at a parts diagram and see what I was referencing in case you weren't familiar with the parts of the carb. The jet needle is held in place by the jet holder that screws in from the bottom of the carb. Remove it by tapping down through the top after the slide is removed and the jet holder is removed. I think you better inspect yours for ovaling.

Regards- HT

CFL
honda305.com Member

Carb problems

Post by CFL » Wed May 29, 2013 3:27 pm

Thank you for the info, I put the carbs back together and adjusted the floats again to 22.5 mm using the old needles, and it is much better. It still starts without a choke. After the bike is warmed up it is not effected by the choke. I tried to find the needle jet. #16133-275-004. Nobody has them anymore. Thank you again for the help. One last thing, I get a lot of vibration up through the sear. Could that be the TDC timing is off between the two cylinders? Sincerely , CFL

renoman
honda305.com Member

Carb kits

Post by renoman » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:41 pm

I too have bought this carb kit and they really just had jets that didn't fit anything relating to the CL77??? A contact with the sellers was useless, they said "oh sorry" but no returns????? They sold me a kit that had gaskets and needle valve, the jets were of sizes unrelated to CL or CB. The needle was almost a quarter inch longer then the stock needle......a real rip off.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home