Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

New member form S.E. Kansas

Who said it was only about Motorcycles? What else do you collect, restore, enjoy... ?
tommytailspin
honda305.com Member

Re: New member form S.E. Kansas

Post by tommytailspin » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:44 am

a little update. i was buttoning up the clutch basket a couple of days ago when the cover gasket came in. so i got basket back on and cover back on. i adjusted the clutch by having the actuator at 7 oclock, lever out, and 9 lever to grip. i had 0 freeplay. perfect i had both adjustments all the way in and cut 1/4 inch off the cable housing. now have 1/4 inch of free play and tons of adjustment. the next day my speedo cableand casing came on brown truck. so yesterday morning i lubbed speedometor cable and speedo lower bushing. put it on and the iluminating light for the dial, at night, wasn't working found that and patched it up. i took it for a spin and it works just fine. i can pull the hills in high gear now clutch no slippy. it will be nice to have a working speedo and odometer to track oil changes. so after working on it on and off this summer finally i have the squawk free scrambler i have been longing for after the 51 year old resto. i Image[/img][/img][/img]took it for a nice long ride yesterday and ahhhh, saaweet. enjoy your scramblers fellas. i sure am. still haven't figgured how to post pics yet. still working on that. hasta.
tommytailspin

tommytailspin
honda305.com Member

Post by tommytailspin » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:19 am

a little update. i put thye new cable and casing on and speedo still bouncing. i cleaned up the speed drive unit and lubed with some fresh white lithium. viola speed no bouncy. after 51 years since original restoration it is finally sqwauk free. yiiiipeeekaaaya. i was able to ride it a couple more times before winter temps hit. looking forward to riding it a bunch this spring and summer. thanks fellas for you help. i wish i had found this site years ago. i hope y'all had a merry christmas and happy new years eve tonight and new year tomorrow.
tommytailspin

Michael Stoic
honda305.com Member

Post by Michael Stoic » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:35 pm

Tommy ...is working all the way close to New Years! Sounds like my kind a guy!

Happy NY to you and to all who share our hobby!

--
Michael

ZillahBill
honda305.com Member

Post by ZillahBill » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:24 pm

Tommy - Hello from a former SE Kansas CB77 owner. Regarding your struggles posting pictures. If you are using a Windows computer just double click on the picture you want to submit. When it loads there will be three dots ... on the right hand side. Click on the three dots and select RESIZE IMAGE. Change the size to about 1250 and the SAVE AS with a new name that is easy for you to find. Be sure and save the modified pic as a JPG. At 1250 you will be able to load the modified, smaller picture into the forum. I am not a computer whiz so I hope my directions are clear. I'm just a guy who has had this same problem and finally figured it out. I hope this will help you because we would like to see pics of your bike.
Attachments
snip 2.jpg

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home