honda305.com Forum

Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

What vintage cars are hiding in your garage?

Who said it was only about Motorcycles? What else do you collect, restore, enjoy... ?
prima5star
honda305.com Member

What vintage cars are hiding in your garage?

Post by prima5star » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:33 pm

I thought it would be cool to see what else you guys work on, or have in your garage.

The red car is my 1959 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint. Originally a 1300cc 4 speed drum brake car, it now has a 1750cc engine, a 5 speed and disc brakes all around. I have the original parts and will probably restore it some year. A totally rust free Alfa- yes that is rare!

The white car is my 1962 Alfa Romeo Giulia Spider 1600. I just bought this car a few weeks ago. I have been working 2-3 hours a day on brakes and other mechanical stuff since I got it. It has no rust either. Once I get it on the road I will be back on the CB72.

I also have a 1957 BMW Isetta that runs and drives but is only half restored. Not a priority, since I’ve had it in this shape for 5 years already. I'll ad a picture later.

What vintage cars do you guys have in your garage?
Attachments
1962 Alfa Giulia 1600 Spider
1962 Alfa Giulia 1600 Spider
1959 Alfa Giulietta Sprint
1959 Alfa Giulietta Sprint
Matt

Also into Alfa Romeo Giuliettas and Giulias! Looking for a Giulia Super.

honda305.com Member

Post by 305 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:41 pm

i'm more into the older stuff...`28 ford tudor , `33 ford 3 window coupe
Attachments
pinstriped28.jpg
greg33.jpg

Hahnda
honda305.com Member

Post by Hahnda » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:53 pm

I have a 1979 Triumph Spitfire.

Just sold my '52 Willys M38a1.

And not really a car but it has a "sidecar". My 1956 Russian K-750. It's even 2 wheel drive. Still n the slow process of restoration.

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:38 pm

Now you guys went and did it. After looking at those vehicles I started drooling all over the keyboard and the keys don't work right now. prima5star you got cars there I can's even pronounce! Fine looking cars though. Love the hot rods there as well. Love the bike with the side car. Gawd I like it all. I used to restore old military Jeeps at one time so there's a soft spot in my heart for them as well. Really nice post guys! Very interesting indeed! My wife see's this post she won't let me log on here anymore. Paul

I figure I'd better change the picture. someone might think I was trying to advertize!
Last edited by 4shorts on Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prima5star
honda305.com Member

Post by prima5star » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:03 pm

I knew there were a bunch of cool old cars hiding in the garages behind the old Hondas. Someone needs to do a 'What other bikes?' thread. I would but all my motorcycle pictures are at home.

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Post by kustommusic » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:36 pm

Hey 305 now yer talkin' heres some of mine
Attachments
Chris' family 10-06 002.jpg
Chris' family 10-06 007.jpg

Trading Texan
honda305.com Member

My 1946 Mercury Club Coupe

Post by Trading Texan » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:23 am

This is my first post, so I better give y'all a big Howdy from Cowtown, Texas where I hang my hat, and park my toys. I started riding Cushman scooters, Doodle bugs and Servi-Cycles (Other people's) at the age of 12 years (my parent's would not let me get one of my own). I got my first car in 1954 at the age of 16. And it has been a steady flow of vehicles since that time, I've had so many vehicles that I can't remember all of them. I ain't never, and never will be married to a vehicle, so that are free to come and go........lol. I have my 46 Mercury Club Coupe, 59ab flatty, that is close to be completed as a frame on restoration. I already have everything but the headliner to finish it as a tail dragger. I bought a lot of polished stainless and chrome items to dress up the engine compartment, along with Fenton cast iron headers and a new pair of 30" Smithy's mufflers, a like new set of 12 volt spot lights, a nice set of visored amber fog lights, polished stainless stone guards, bubbled fender skirts, and I just bought a old clamp-on trailer hitch that I will have chrome plated. I think that is it for the Merc.
I also have a 1947 Ford Club Coupe street rod project. It is running all Mopar running gear, non running.
I have a Customized and modified 1961 Ford short wide bed. It had a pretty good amount of custom work done on the body, way back yonder. It has a Camaro front clip with disk brakes, and power steering, a 500 CI Cadillac engine with a nice lope, a turbo 400, and a Ford 9" rear. I conside this old ride to be a really awesome ride.
My daily driver is a 1969 Chevrolet C10, that I've owned for approximately 15 years. My son ran it into the rear of another truck on the 14th of last month, so it is temporary out of service for a while.
A couple of weeks ago I bought a 1973 Honda CB350 Chopper, that has been off the road for many years. And I've been dropping a few coins on parts to make it "pretty" again......lol. I have online photo albums on the Yahoo photo site, each of my vehicles have their own album, there is a album for My Past and Present Toys, etc etc, I will post a link to those albums in the event any one would like to view. [/b]

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dontjackw ... /my_photos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzXCy6wkS8E

hope you enjoy...............Fred
Attachments
46 Coupe right-front.jpg
46 Coupe rear left-side.jpg

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home