Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Wanna see a 1958 gas pump that sings!!!

Who said it was only about Motorcycles? What else do you collect, restore, enjoy... ?
4shorts
honda305.com Member

Wanna see a 1958 gas pump that sings!!!

Post by 4shorts » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:42 pm

Hello again everyone. I figured it was time to bore the heck out of you all again by showing you all another one of my strange fabrications/ modifications/ customizations thingies that I did a few years ago. This gas pump started out it's life pumping fuel back in 1958 in the town I live in. I purchased the thing three years ago and while I was tearing it down I had a vision of a TV in it. I started out by doing some major mods on the thing and it ended up with the TV, a three disc DVD and a VCR in it. It was allot of work just trying to get the right components to fit in there but it all worked out in the end. I did all the body work, paint and graphics. I also had to make a filler plate where the large glass window was in the front to make it look right. Wanting to show you all something a little different I added a video of the thing working. I promise you that the picture is much better than it seems but I had to reduce the quality on the camera to fit it all in. This thing really makes a great conversation piece. A friend asked me why and the only answer I could give is "Why not". With the price of gas where it is these days I sing each time I fill up but it sounds much different than what's on this video. Hope you all like what I've done and thanks for looking. Paul

Last edited by 4shorts on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:43 pm, edited 7 times in total.

rrekr
honda305.com Member

Post by rrekr » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:22 pm

Amazing imagination and workmanship. "The beverage that will give you gas"? I love it.
If you have any other projects you would like to share, i would like to them.
Thanks,Randy

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:24 am

rrekr wrote:Amazing imagination and workmanship. "The beverage that will give you gas"? I love it.
If you have any other projects you would like to share, i would like to them.
Thanks,Randy
Thanks Randy. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing the singing gas pump. As for other projects well I have many more unique ones to show but I'll post another one of them in a week or so. I have more related to Shell Oil, Coca Cola, Honda and even Harley Davidson that's all on of a kind stuff. I'm trying to get folks more involved on here. There out there but they sure don't say mch Ha! Ha!. Thanks for your comments.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home