honda305.com Forum

Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Who I have learned from about my motorcycles in life.

Who said it was only about Motorcycles? What else do you collect, restore, enjoy... ?
Turbo
honda305.com Member

Who I have learned from about my motorcycles in life.

Post by Turbo » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:15 pm

I have learned far more from others like yourself about the cycles I own and you own than all the books and printed mag I have read. The more I show my cycles and let other look at them and talk to me about what they know about my cycles, the more I learn, I think it is time for more Japanese collectors and restorers to get out on weekends and let others meet with them in small events and shows. I think I will try to put on a event myself to help this happen in my area. If you have done this please send me any inforamation which would make this happen. Please post it and let everyone do the same.

scum
honda305.com Member

Post by scum » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:53 am

I'm seeing more and more vintage Japanese bikes and parts at the British bike meets and shows. The Brit bike folks seem to be pretty much the same sort of people as the vintage riceburner guys. People who appreciate the effort of keeping long out of production motorbikes out there in the breeze. Whereas a lot of the Harley fans don't know and don't care about anything but late model HDs, screamin' eagle air filters and billet hand grips. (The vintage Harley guys are allright in my book though)
Here's a link to (my) local Brit-bike club, they hold two meets a year- spring and fall, you can look through the pics from last year and see some great stuff.

http://www.massbia.com/home.htm

The Vintage jap folks are out there, you just have to dig around a little in the old bike scene to find them.
Happy motoring...brother scum
My Vintage Japanese Bike Meet-- www.rice-o-rama.com

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home