Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Honda C200

Who said it was only about Motorcycles? What else do you collect, restore, enjoy... ?
Dogsbd
honda305.com Member

Post by Dogsbd » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:02 pm

Suh-weet!

I need to just send my wheels to you and have you re-lace 'em!!! LOL

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:31 pm

Dogsbd wrote:Suh-weet!

I need to just send my wheels to you and have you re-lace 'em!!! LOL
And you know I would do it for you too!

Dogsbd
honda305.com Member

Post by Dogsbd » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:35 am

Careful, I may take you up on that!

Oh yeah, I meant to ask: what is the name of that paint remover?

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:30 pm

Cecil the paint remover I used is made by Mar-Hyde and it's extra strength and fantastic stuff. clean and fast to use. I still bead blasted all the parts after because I like to etch the metal afterwards.

Today I got the metal work done and most of the body work. This time tomorrow she'll have a fresh coat of base clear pearl blue on her so that should be interesting. Later, Paul

joeweir1
honda305.com Member

Post by joeweir1 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:43 pm

Hey Paul-Looks like your keeping busy.Just wondering, I have done alittle polishing on a small motor and wheel I got.Which color polish have you found best to polish with?Which buffing wheels are you useing.I have seen a few different ones with various napps to them, if thats how to descibe it?thanks Joe

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:29 pm

joeweir1 wrote:Hey Paul-Looks like your keeping busy.Just wondering, I have done alittle polishing on a small motor and wheel I got.Which color polish have you found best to polish with?Which buffing wheels are you useing.I have seen a few different ones with various napps to them, if thats how to descibe it?thanks Joe

Oh man I'm flat out on this end but it's a long weekend so I want to get as much done as I can with this C200.

Joe for a buffer I'm useing a 1 HP bench grinder with the guards and 10 inch stones removed. This guy is heavy duty and does the job perfectly for what I need it for.

As for the buffers, well I attached a picture of the type I'm using. I only use two colors of compound. For the rough cut I use the black one and for the fine I use the white one. I don't mix the two. One buffer for each color and that's all I use. I also found the if you use the paint remover on the parts before you stat to buff you'll get a better result. Might be there is some king of clear coat on the old part. Paul

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:39 pm

I like to keep a little scrap metal around for those weird jobs I get some times like trying to figure out how I'm going to hang the gas tank so I can get it painted on top and on the bottom. I don't know how the "Pro's" do it but this is what I came up with. Took five minutes to do and works very well.

Also got another little trick I do. When I go the sand blast the frame. I get a couple of shock rubbers, two flat washers and some threaded rod and install it as pictured. This way the bearing races don't get pitted from the blasting and it keeps the mess out. I also keep it there until the paint work is done.

I also like to use spot putty. Love the stuff. Gets all of those imperfections out like I got pictured. Paul

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home