Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

'65 sport65

Who said it was only about Motorcycles? What else do you collect, restore, enjoy... ?
bigscooter
honda305.com Member

Post by bigscooter » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:55 am

3BeanCrispy wrote:unfortunately the bolt hole leads to nowhere ! maybe the tank is off of a different year than my frame - it didnt come with it.
i am happy to hear your clone bolted right up. i have a 2nd s65 i got for parts that seems complete other than seat tank and engine. i originally planned to use it for parts, but i don't really need any parts from it so hope to throw a clone in it and have a pair of s65's.
going tomorrow to pick up a $100 s90 (i believe) and a $50 scrambler (completely dissassembled in boxes). the addiction continues ...
holy cow, your as sick as i am. i'm going to go pick up a $200 ca160 today :-D

3BeanCrispy
honda305.com Member

Post by 3BeanCrispy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:07 pm

will bring my tally to 7 hondas and 1 aermacchi harley (sorry, don't mean to cuss ....)
i don't think the wife will put up with anymore unless i sell something i already have ; )

3BeanCrispy
honda305.com Member

Post by 3BeanCrispy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:17 pm

mostly updating with a fresh pick, another 1/2 mile or so on the odometer after work today. steering seems abit jittery ( slightly wobbling back and forth ) once i got it past 20 mph. had no helmet so didnt want to go much faster <smile>. am going tomorrow to a local bike graveyard to try and find some mirros on the cheap.
i ended up wedging a piece of wood between the frame and the tank/seat mount. i then used a concrete anchor screw, with a 3/4" long piece of rubber hose just under the head, to go through the front hole and into the plywood. with no boltholes on the frame this was the best non-destructive method i could come up with.
got my seat today, found it for $78 total on the ebay. being a noobie, i think it's decent for the price, but im sure if i had an original in nice shape next to it there'd be no comparison. the 'honda' on the back seems slightly crooked , not a hug concern for my $108 dollar bike ... though i have about $400 vested now.
will be going through the ITS Title service next week and will update on my experience with them.
now onto the pics
Attachments
8-1-2008c.jpg
8-1-2008b.jpg
8-1-2008.jpg

bigscooter
honda305.com Member

Post by bigscooter » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:03 am

good work! do tell about the title thing when you get a chance.

3BeanCrispy
honda305.com Member

Post by 3BeanCrispy » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:00 pm

i got the paperwork back from ITS today. it consists of :

1) a notorized bill of sale, state of alabama
2) alabama dept. of revenue motor vehicle tag and tax receipt
3) letter from Marshall County Alabama probate judge outlining alabama's rules regarding registration of pre-1974 vehicles.

so, off to the notary next week to see if i can make it happen!
turn around time was 2 days short of 2 weeks ( went out on a monday, got it back the 2nd saturday following)

will update!

also grabbed a tank for my other s65. it came with the hole in the tab and rubber too.

3BeanCrispy
honda305.com Member

Post by 3BeanCrispy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:59 pm

been awhile, but i remembered to come back and update! got the S65 Registered, insured, and inspected in 1:15. The one lady at the notaries was unsure on processing the ITS title paperwork, but the other one took over and finished it up no problems. They did require that I haul the bike along, to verify posession, VIN, and Odo reading. This is PA state in case anyone wonders.
i was fortunate that a coworker had to also undergo the same process last weekend, and gave me the 'take the bike along' advice. was glad to not go through the agony of trying to track down a hauling method and making extra trip to get the bike like he endured. I loaded the bike at 3:45 PM and at 5:25 PM i was driving her down the road legally. Supposed to be '70 and sunny tomorrow, hope to ride her around a bunch and test the MPG claims!

back to my S90 ....

Matt in PA

bigscooter
honda305.com Member

Post by bigscooter » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:20 am

that's great! those s-65's are fun little bikes. i'm also trying to find time to work on my s-90 project.
please keep us updated on the s-90. i'll do the same.

sean..

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home