Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Vespas and Lambrettas

Who said it was only about Motorcycles? What else do you collect, restore, enjoy... ?
Susan
honda305.com Member

Vespas and Lambrettas

Post by Susan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:23 pm

Well, here goes:

Hi. New CA77 owner. I don't really know a damned thing, but I shall be learning. My bike has some good (nice strong recently rebuilt motor) and some bad (a few wonky things that will need attention) and some ugly (sun-faded paint from a previous life in Arizona, looks like it's been through a fire). But it was the right price at the right time, so here I am.

What I do know is vintage Vespa and Lambretta scooters. I have a small stable of these old piles, and ride pretty much daily. So at least I know something about working on old 2-wheelers? I've been wrenching on them in one form or another for almost 15 years now.

Anyway, with vintage Italian scooters there are plenty of resources online to assist with parts supply/maintenance/restos. I have to assume same is true here?

I could paste links to my other bikes, but it's easier to just look at them here if you're interested.

I shall do my best to lurk and make use of search before bombarding the list with elementary questions, but rest assured I already have some.

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:39 pm

Hey, what a cool site! A big following for scooters there then!? Just need to get used the shifting with your left foot to make the transmission transition (arf!).

Bring on the Qs, gal; we're all here to help each other..... Did you get your CA's lights working?

Regards,

Steve

Susan
honda305.com Member

Post by Susan » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:59 am

Last night I was challenged about getting one of these scooter projects together. The Serveta (Spanish Lambretta) 150 Special is in pieces, and apparently I said I would have it running by the end of the year.

Now I have to figure out how to find time for this and the Honda. Ooops.

To answer your question, there is a decent sized vintage scooter community here in Washington DC, but it's not nearly as big as some of the scenes out in California. I mean, *I* think we have a 12 month riding season here in the northeast, but everyone does not agree :-) I have met some of the most wonderful people through this hobby, though, so it's all good.

Superchicken
honda305.com Member

Post by Superchicken » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:42 am

Nice to meet ya, I see you are serious about this stuff! That is way cool, I too, have too many projects, not enough time. I been doing this my whole life, and hope to do it for as long as possible. It has kept me in touch with many people, that have the same interest. I got married almost 30 years ago, and the first thing my wife did, was sell her Fiat, and buy us a brand new GS1000 ! We had so much fun, we'd go riding, even if it was raining!

m13
honda305.com Member

Post by m13 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:59 am

Hey Susan. I too Just became a proud owner of a "classic" machine, 68 305 Dream. and appreciate the forum and the combined wisdom and sharing. I haven't yet needed to post a question but I'm reviewing all the history here to learn more of my bike. Currently ride a GTS but love the vintage scoots. Like most folks here ALL my two wheel rides have been GREAT. Congrats on another addition to your collection.
Attachments
dream.jpg

Greggie-e
honda305.com Member

Post by Greggie-e » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:50 pm

Hey Susan,
Welcome to the forum.
you will find the wiring on the honda infinately easier to deal with than on the Lammy's or Vespa's. Especially the Servetta (what a mess they are in the headset) However the mechanicals are a little more complicated.
Nothing too taxing, just the addition of valves etc.
My collection of Scooters can be seen at http://members.iinet.net.au/~eastwood/
The site needs a good update as it is a little out of date
My favorite bikes are the Heinkel tourist, SS180, Rally 180 and VB1

I have a new shed so the scoots are out of the lounge and my daughter "Vespa Mary" is a few months older.

You have some nice scooters there, good to see someone else is not afraid of crossing the scooter/Motorcycle divide.

Cheers Greg

cheesebot
honda305.com Member

Post by cheesebot » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:30 am

Howdy, I know this is an old thread but just wanted to chime in as another scooterist who has joined the 305 club with a '65 CA77. I've always wanted a Dream and figured it's one of the most "scooter-like" motorcycles - especially with the Bates saddlebags.

Currently I have a '58 Series 1 Lammy, and the '79 Vespa P200E behind it is what I usually ride to work.

I also have a 1968 Fuji Rabbit S601 Superflow which is an unusual beast (made by what is now Subaru)

I wish the weather up here in Providence were as nice as in the Mid-Atlantic but it's not. I still try to ride whenever there's not snow or ice on the ground.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home