Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

New member form Massachusetts

Who said it was only about Motorcycles? What else do you collect, restore, enjoy... ?
Alan F.
honda305.com Member

New member form Massachusetts

Post by Alan F. » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:09 am

First post, an introduction I suppose is appropriate. I've been around bikes for most of my life, bought my first in 2001 a project CB750K and learned a lot, projects have come and gone and I'm on most of the better Honda forums.

Tim Allman
honda305.com Member

Re: New member form Massachusetts

Post by Tim Allman » Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:45 pm

Welcome!

Alan F.
honda305.com Member

Post by Alan F. » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:34 pm

Thanks Tim it's good to be here but I'm having a slow time with my first few posts. I was referred here from the Vintagehondatwins.com forum for some research. I've got a CB160 in the works but no 72 or 77 as of yet, although I'd love to if the right bike comes along.

Alan F.
honda305.com Member

Post by Alan F. » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:49 pm

It looked like this when I picked it up:

I started strong and made pretty good progress removing any rust and treating parts so it wouldn't return. But then I let myself get sidetracked and haven't touched it in a while. It's still completely apart, with a few more items to clean up before I move on to the engine, which if the original owner is to be believed, should be a runner as is, I'm hopeful. It's going to go back together as a clean survivor with patina, scratches and dents from the original owner who stored it in 1990 with about 18K on the clock. It was complete except for one air filter, I've sourced a pair to use as well.

Michael Stoic
honda305.com Member

Post by Michael Stoic » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:37 pm

Welcome to the honda305 Forum, Alan!

That's an ambitious looking set of parts you have there! I hope to see your progress with it!

Staying with the projects and NOT getting sidetracked is a supreme Zen master skill that not many have reached. Guilty as charged, with several such in the mix in my garage.

--
Michael

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home