honda305.com Forum

Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CA160, gasket question- kits come for all CA, CB, CL- but...

CB160, CB350, CB360, CB450
bicyclestobikes
honda305.com Member

CA160, gasket question- kits come for all CA, CB, CL- but...

Post by bicyclestobikes » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:09 pm

I'm learning- please forgive the simpleness of my questions.

Here is a gasket set for sale online
(image from mrssuperdeals)

The above set is listed as for all 160s, CAs, CBs, and CLs.

My understanding is that only the CA has one carb, the others have two- however, the rest of these bikes are of the same dimensions. Is that correct?

If so, it appears to me that at least one of the above gaskets will not be of use on my CA. Do you see more than one? Before I buy the set, I want to know how many gaskets I will have to make (with an exacto and a blank, using the old one for making a template).

Any thoughts?

A major reason I am looking to replace the gaskets is that last summer I was fouling plugs left and right (literally), via a lot of seeping oil. Someone on the street, who I passed while walking my bike, mentioned I may need to replace the oil seal too.

Thanks for any help.

kalchcliff
honda305.com Member

Post by kalchcliff » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:44 am

You are correct, you will not need the two black oval gaskets in middle right green cylinder head cover gasket. You will need to get the o-ring between the intake manifold and head. The original part # 16173-202-004, superseded # 16173250004.

bicyclestobikes
honda305.com Member

Post by bicyclestobikes » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:04 pm

Thanks kalchcliff,

Hopefully in the next couple of weekends I'll get a moment to knock this out. Until then-

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home