Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CB 450 Scam alert

CB160, CB350, CB360, CB450
Dunnett
honda305.com Member

CB 450 Scam alert

Post by Dunnett » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:08 pm

I am looking for a CB 450 and in searching found an online ad offering a nice one for $4800. Like anything that is too good to be true, it was...

Be careful of scams like this.

http://florida.freecycleshopper.com/mot ... -used.html

Email responses from rfan8260 <rfan8260@gmail.com>:

Hi Ron, the bike is still available. It's in an excellent condition, very clean, always garaged kept. Never been dropped, laid down, raced or involved in any accidents. The paint is flawless and has no scratches at all. It has been regularly maintained and runs like brand new with no issues. I have all the maintenance records. Clear title. For pictures let me know and make sure you check also your spam/junk/bulk folder because they might go there.
Thanks.

OK Ron, I've attached some pictures of the bike, take a look and please let me know ASAP if you are still interested.
I'm in San Antonio, Texas due to my work (I'm an Air Force MSgt.) and I have the bike here with me. I can deliver it to your shipping address (I'll pay for the shipping and insurance fees) and I'll agree to let you test and inspect it for 5 days just to be sure. In these 5 days you'll test the conditions of the bike. If something won't be like you expected to be you can return it without any expense. It will come with all the paperwork.
I'll deliver it through our Air Force affiliated shipping company so the costs will be ok for me+they will take care of everything (title transfer, insurance, paperwork, etc...). Also a refund policy will be included so, as I've said, you'll have the possibility to return it if you consider so but I really don't think this will happen because the bike is in great shape.
The deal will go through eBay Payments Department. In this way both of us will have the required assurance that the deal will take place well.
If you agree with these terms please reply me with your full name, shipping address and phone# so that I can forward them to eBay. They will send you a complete list with instructions.
I'm waiting for your reply as soon as possible.
Thanks

Ron, I'm working at aerospace control and warning after a hectic schedule here so it's more convenient for me this way. As I've said the costs of the shipping will be ok for me because AF Shipping (AAFES) delivers almost free of charge for us. Also they will handle all the necessary paperwork and title transfer.
If you agree please reply me with your shipping details so that I can start the eBay transaction, if not just let me know because there is someone else interested in it.
Thanks

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home