Admirers

exhaust for cb160

CB160, CB350, CB360, CB450
jakestoltz
honda305.com Member

exhaust for cb160

Post by jakestoltz » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:53 am

Hey guys!

I have a 66 honda cb160 "baby hawk". I was going to buy some exhaust pipes for it in the hopes of making it more original looking. However, the real pipes are a pretty penny like $500. I had seen some replica parts from Bangkok. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to purchase the.replica parts or not.

Thanks!

Jake

Snakeoil
honda305.com Member

Post by Snakeoil » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:29 pm

I've looked at the replica parts and the don't appear to be very close to original. I would not bother to take a chance on them unless somebody here has them and can give you detailed feed back.

You might be better off just getting a set of Emgo in a Dunstall or similar config. Much cheaper, will sound really good and no tears if you happen to screw them up.

If you want original, get ready to pay. I have a pair that are very solid but one is missing about half the chrome. I paid $100 for the pair. I'm talking just mufflers. I just sent a rim to a re-chromer in WV that was recommended to me. If the rim comes back looking good, I'll send the mufflers to him.

I think the last set of CB160 exhausts I saw sell on ebay when for something crazy like $600. It was a later model welded system. They were what appeared to be NOS so I guess I can understand the price. But they were also dented and scratched from shelf abuse.

regards,
Rob

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home