Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Motor Stuck? or transmission

joejo20
honda305.com Member

Motor Stuck? or transmission

Post by joejo20 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:11 pm

I was wondering if you could possibly point me in the right direction on a 305 scrambler. I am working on this bike because something in the transmission is stuck. The motor does turn over from the crank shaft bolt but when I try to kick start the bike the kick start lever wont budge. Before I get into the transmission I would like to get your opinion. It seems to me like the kick start dogs are always ingaged. I can get the kick start lever to move freely with the clutch lever in. I can also slightly turn the motor over with the rear wheel when in gear. The kick start lever will also move when I turn the engine over with the crank shaft bolt. I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me.

georGe
honda305.com Member

Re: Motor Stuck? or transmission

Post by georGe » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:19 pm

Are ya gettin paid to work on this bike?<br />If so I want some kinda cut if I give ya any info ! LoL<br /><br />georGe<br /><br />

joejo20
honda305.com Member

Post by joejo20 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:47 pm

Lets make a deal :)<br /><br />Joe

georGe
honda305.com Member

Post by georGe » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:43 pm

HAHAHA !!!! Yer lucky Im in the X-mas spirit !<br /><br />Sounds to me like the kick shaft is locked into the low gear cog either by the shaft itself or the paw.<br />Pull the kick start cover off an see if ya can spin the back wheel and watch the kick spindle. Then w/ the cover off spin the spindle and watch what happens. If the spindle spins in bothe directions when ya spin the wheel or vice versa then thats yer problem. <br /> Regardless yer gonna have to split the cases to make any repairs.<br />If doing that doesnt give ya any answers let me know but Im pretty sure thats it.<br /><br />georGe

georGe
honda305.com Member

Post by georGe » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:21 pm

Did ya find yer problem yet ?<br /><br />georGe

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home