Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Oil weeping from around spark plugs?

MBellRacing
honda305.com Member

Oil weeping from around spark plugs?

Post by MBellRacing » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:16 am

Hey guys,

Big boy ride yesterday. Amazing fun. Experienced a little bit of everything with the bike, from low-n-slow bobs through town, long stretches of 75-85mph highway, blasts up and back down some twisties, and a top speed run... she still tonnes up with a tailwind!

My big problem, is that there is a fair amount of oil weeping from near each spark plugs, or maybe at that 10mm hex head nut just outboard of them. Is this normal. My old Superhawk guru neighbor basically told me to stop bitching about my old bike leaking some oil, but it definitely throws enough out that at 85mph, it's peppering pretty much any vertical surface behind the engine-- including my pant legs. Is there a fix for this, or am I think only one with this problem??

G3
honda305.com Member

Oil at spark plugs

Post by G3 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:17 pm

Search under author Vince Lupo here on the site. “Oil at the plugs” thread.
Very informative write up, and this phenomenon sounds not unusual to these motors. Mine also weeps a small amount, but nothing like yours sounds, but of course you pushed that motor good and hard!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home