honda305.com Forum

Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

One exhaust running hot, One running cold...

ChickenCeviche
honda305.com Member

One exhaust running hot, One running cold...

Post by ChickenCeviche » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:29 am

I️ just had the engine running great.
Then I️ pulled off the crank case cover on the right and the cover on the left to repaint them.
When I️ put them back on, I️ had a bit of a problem getting the left side on and the components within, but after 45 minutes I️ felt like I️ got it on correctly.
I️ fired her up and took her for a spin and it has been acting really weird.
Im getting equal exhaust out of both, but only the right is generating heat. The one on the left is cold and the one on the right is totally normal.
I️ let it run for 10-15 minutes revving the engine and nothing.
I️ wrapped the pipes when I️ repainted and the right is cooking and the left is cold all the way up to the engine.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening? I'm at a loss. It was running great before.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. This is my first build.

Thanks guys.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: One exhaust running hot, One running cold...

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:20 pm

Check for spark on the left side. ......................lm
ChickenCeviche wrote:I️ just had the engine running great.
Then I️ pulled off the crank case cover on the right and the cover on the left to repaint them.
When I️ put them back on, I️ had a bit of a problem getting the left side on and the components within, but after 45 minutes I️ felt like I️ got it on correctly.
I️ fired her up and took her for a spin and it has been acting really weird.
Im getting equal exhaust out of both, but only the right is generating heat. The one on the left is cold and the one on the right is totally normal.
I️ let it run for 10-15 minutes revving the engine and nothing.
I️ wrapped the pipes when I️ repainted and the right is cooking and the left is cold all the way up to the engine.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening? I'm at a loss. It was running great before.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. This is my first build.

Thanks guys.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home