Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

350cc pistons

CharlesM
honda305.com Member

350cc pistons

Post by CharlesM » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:32 pm

All,

I race a CB72 bored to 350cc (64 mm bore) using ASSO pistons. Having broken another set, I am looking to get some remade (as ASSOs are not available anyone). Presently I have a quote from Omega in the UK for £120 + VAT per piston (forged), which is ok, but the minimum order is 20. I am also working with Ross Pistons and CP pistons in the US for quotes.

If anyone is interested, please send a text to 07726799424 with your name and email address. Before I place an order I’ll email everyone who replies.

Regards,

Charles

zebedee150
honda305.com Member

Post by zebedee150 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:36 pm

Hi Charles,
How did you manage to break more than one set of Asso pistons? Valve contact or big ends going? CB77's generally run out of revs before getting high enough to auto-destruct. You could always bore out to 64.25 and run CBX pistons. The crown needs a bit of work but a quick fix for now, even better if you find some forged ones. It gives about 352 cc but as you are unlikely to run away from the K4's I would not worry too much! Maybe next year I will find the time to come out and play. Cheers Jeff Shaw

GORDON BROWN
honda305.com Member

ASSO pistons

Post by GORDON BROWN » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:01 am

Hello Charles

Sorry to hear about the pistons, was that the S/H ones ?
I don't suspect there is a lot of demand for new race pistons in the UK these days but it may be worth checking with the Australian racers etc. as the 77's still suit there race classes.
I think Vintage Advantage still does 64mm race pistons in the USA but it might be expensive to get them here.
The Omega's for the K's are a good product ( I have wrecked some but its not been the fault of the pistons ! )and the price is seems OK if you can get enough orders.
As zebedee 150 says you can always modify something else, plenty of people have used the CB350 K ones but it does take a bit of work to get good compression with race cams etc.
Following this site over the years you see that there are lots of "racing" CB77's even now in the UK but unfortunately not racing, mine included.

Gordon

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home