Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

THROTTLE CABLE

fatboy98
honda305.com Member

THROTTLE CABLE

Post by fatboy98 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:08 pm

FIRST I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR ALL THE INFO. OK MY THROTTLE CABLE MUST BE THE ORIGINAL BECAUSE IT HAS A METAL PART WHERE THE ONE CABLE GOES INTO THE TWO CABLE. ALL THE ONES THAT I HAVE SEEN THAT PART IS PLASTIC. I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP THE ORIGINAL BUT THE CABLE HOUSING IS ALL CRACKED AND DISCOLORED AND I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP THE CROME END. CAN I GET THE GRAY CABLE HOUSING ANYWHERE? THANX AGAIN

Merz64cb77
honda305.com Member

Cable

Post by Merz64cb77 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:41 pm

As your cable has a metal joint it would tell me that it is most likely older than the newer ones. if the outer sheathing is cracked i would just replace it as replacement cables are affordable and easily obtainable. Plus its probably dry inside an needs attention. I put WD-40 through the inner cable and then use white lithium grease. I dont think you can just by the sheathing on its own. If you buy a new cable you could harvest the grey sheating and try to put it on your older cable but you ll need to remove the barrel at the end that goes on the throttle. it is soldered on and can be taken off. The same goes for the crimped furrels on the ends of the grey outter cable. if you are good at soldering go for it.
67' CB77
66’ CB77
65’ bomber
68’ hellcat

catterar
honda305.com Member

Post by catterar » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:47 pm

Try Motion Pro https://www.motionpro.com/. They built custom cables for me in gray. I don't know if they will sell the cable housing by it self, but if you talk to them I bet they could replicate the cable using your metal parts.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home