Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

My 63' CB77 has a CA77 motor and I want to-------

bill440cars
honda305.com Member

My 63' CB77 has a CA77 motor and I want to-------

Post by bill440cars » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:48 pm

1st off, I'm a newbee and my 1st bike of this type was a 66' CB72(in 68') that a buddy & I built to beat 305s and cosmetically added Cb350 gauges & headlight, long megaphones, painted a metallic Royal Blue with chromed side covers. But, that's history.

I aquired a 63' CB77, which I noticed had only 1 carburetor. It does have the kick starter that goes forward though. My goal is to convert the CA motor to a CB. If I'm right, I can change the crankshaft assy, head w/ carbs & ignition components to accomplish this. Is there anything I'm missing? I don't really want to do this to a CA motor, If I had the rest of the CA, I'd try to get it together or if I had a CB motor, I'd use it but, I don't. So I have to do the best I can with what I've got. I've also got a 62' CL72 that's mostly there but, not in good shape. It does have a title but it's going to take a lot of work, when I canget to it. I'm trying to concentrate mainly on the CB77 and I've got some conversion ideas for it (since it's not complete and has the wrong motor anyway). It' great being here.
Later on, Bill

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home