□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Okay; THIS time I don't know what I have

rrietman
honda305.com Member

Post by rrietman » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:51 am

the shorter fender braces/shock supports are correct for your frame #, 62 ca77. bike should also have the center fill tank. welded taillite, clamp on mirrors, grey front fender gasket, as well as other minor differences from later dreams
Randy

brewsky
honda305.com Member

Post by brewsky » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:48 pm

Dr. Frankenstein wrote:Okay, here's what I found: the frame # is CA77 - 22812
The engine number is CA77E - 212872

The drive sprockets are located on the right side

BUT: it has the shorter CA95-ish rear shock supports, and no 'ghost' image or screw holes or whatever to indicate it ever had the longer shock supports...it looks like a ca95 rear fender..

So it looks like I have a CA77E with CA95 shock supports....??

Somebody along the way also painted the bike another shade of blue OVER the factory blue, and also painted the chrome headlight ring and shock supports silver - I have no idea why...maybe they were going for an 'anodized' look...

Note: somewhere along the way it also got crunched - there is evidence of brazing on the front fender, and the rear fender is slightly bowed out, as if something ran into it from behind...perhaps somebody replaced the rear fender with a CA95??

If I could find an easy way to post pics on here I would, but I'm an idiot when it comes to stuff like that, and besides, don't I have to post the pics to another site first and then link them in rather than uploading them directly to here...?? If anybody has any step-by-step tips for putting tem on here
(and I do mean Step-By-Step), I'd appreciate it!

Or is there already a post on that....?

-John
There is....somewhere..... but I can't find it right now.

Method I use:
Type your message.
In "Add an Attachment" section under your message, click on "Browse" button.
Find the location of the picture on your computer in the window that opens.
Double click on your picture name
Then click on "Add Attachment" button
Wait for it to upload, then repeat for any others.
66 dream, 78 cb750k, 02fz1, 09 wing

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:24 am

Dr. Frankenstein wrote:......
If I could find an easy way to post pics on here I would, but I'm an idiot when it comes to stuff like that, and besides, don't I have to post the pics to another site first and then link them in rather than uploading them directly to here...?? If anybody has any step-by-step tips for putting tem on here
(and I do mean Step-By-Step), I'd appreciate it!

Or is there already a post on that....?

-John
brewsky wrote: There is....somewhere..... but I can't find it right now.

Method I use:
Type your message.
In "Add an Attachment" section under your message, click on "Browse" button.
Find the location of the picture on your computer in the window that opens.
Double click on your picture name
Then click on "Add Attachment" button
Wait for it to upload, then repeat for any others.
You'll also need to compress the photo to a filesize less than 512KB. How you do that is dependent upon your Operating System -- Windows (XP/Vista/7/Apple[Mac]) and which application (program) you use to open pictures. Within Microsoft's later 'Office' suites (certainly MS Office 2003/2007/2010) -- also available for Mac -- is MS Picture Manager, so I'll address compressing / uploading the way I do it:
  • 1. You must know where, on your PC, the pictures are located¹
    2. Assuming 1, above, is addressed click on "Choose File"
    3. Navigate to the location of the picture -- XP default is My Documents>My Pictures²
    4. Hover the pointer on the chosen picture, note its filename and observe its filesize and type³
If its larger than 512KB (0.512MB)
  • 5. Right Click on it and choose Edit -- it should open in MS Picture Manager
    6. Click <Compress Pictures>, at the bottom of the list in the r/h pane
    7. Click the dot button <Documents>, revealed in the next r/h pane and click OK
    8. Close the window, Save and, if asked, Create File (perhaps necessary twice)
If it's smaller than 512KB, skip 5-8 above. Then finally
  • Double Click on the file -- the sub-window will close -- and click Add Attachment
¹Imagine your Computer as a filing cabinet; Double Click on My Computer (XP)/ Computer (Vista/7) and you unlock the filing cabinet; Double Click on a Hard Disk Drive and you open a drawer in which there are Folders ([My] Documents), Sub-Folders ([My] Pictures, [My] Music, etc, and Files (Picture files, Music files, Video files, etc)

²Default folders:
XP - My Documents>My Pictures
Vistashite - User (or Your Name)>Documents>Pictures
7 - Libraries>Pictures AND/OR User (or Your Name)>My Pictures

³Accepted filetypes are JPeG (.jpg), .gif, .png, .tga & .tif

Dr. Frankenstein
honda305.com Member

Post by Dr. Frankenstein » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:50 am

rrietman: Ohhh, so it's a '62...man: nothing like an antique bike to make you feel old, esp. since *I* was born in 1964! My parts are getting hard to find, too....:)

e3steve and brewsky: thanks for the tips, guys. Let me see if I can't add something now:

Hopefully I'll be able to post pics of the other one I painted with spray cans...

FWIW, brewsky, you live right over the mountain from me...I'm down near Charlottesville...
Attachments
The (apparently) '62 CA77 I just got:
The (apparently) '62 CA77 I just got:

Dr. Frankenstein
honda305.com Member

Post by Dr. Frankenstein » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:19 am

Holy Techno-Geek, Batman...It worked!!

I seem to be having trouble resizing the other pics I have of the 1964 CA77 I painted with a spray can and Harbor Freight $20 HVLP gun, though...they average about 650 kb, and there is no 'Compress Pictures' button, but it does allow me to resize the picture on the X and Y axis by pixel...how many pixels per each axis should it be...?

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:10 am

Dr. Frankenstein wrote:Holy Techno-Geek, Batman...It worked!!

I seem to be having trouble resizing the other pics I have of the 1964 CA77 I painted with a spray can and Harbor Freight $20 HVLP gun, though...they average about 650 kb, and there is no 'Compress Pictures' button, but it does allow me to resize the picture on the X and Y axis by pixel...how many pixels per each axis should it be...?
Good news! Now, without the r/h pane that contains the <Compress Pictures> link, you can find it manually in the Menu bar at the top of the MSPicMgr window; click <Picture> and you'll find it in the sub-menu. Which OS (WinXP?) are you using? Let me know and I'll guide you.

Dr. Frankenstein
honda305.com Member

Post by Dr. Frankenstein » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:58 am

Uh...I just de-pixilated the photo I wanted to send by going from 432 KB down to 11, and I can't seem to get it back to where it was...I might have lost it when I 'Applied' my changs...rrrr...

I'll keep working on it...right now life is getting in the way, so I'll have to come back to it...in any event, that blue one is the newest Dream I have...apparently a '62..thanks ya'll....

-John

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home