honda305 Home honda305 Auctions honda305 Gallery honda305 Forum Electronic Ignition honda305 Forum honda305 Forum honda305 Forum honda305 Racing honda305 Literature

Auctions  Mailing List    Registry   Marketplace

honda305.com Forum - FULL SCREEN

honda305.com Forum

□ Search
  □ Classified Ads
□ Register
□ FAQ 
  □ Search Ads
□ Profile 
  □ My ads
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Considering a 1967 Honda CA77...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Honda305.com Forum -> Honda Dream - CA72 | CA77 | CA78
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eithr
honda305.com Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Considering a 1967 Honda CA77... Reply with quote

Just registered and fairly new to the forum. I'm considering buying a 1967 Honda CA77 from a friend of a friend. Before I commit, however, I was curious to get some opinions on how available various resources are for the bike. This will be a project (and actually my first time attempting to wrench and restore a bike). I haven't seen the bike yet, but am aware that it is almost complete. It's missing the exhaust, possibly the wheels, headlight, etc. The sale comes with an extra engine for parts.

I already own a 1976 Suzuki GT380, but to this point have been nervous to work on the bike myself. I have this phobia that if I really muck something up, I won't have a bike to ride. By acquiring a second bike (this Honda Dream) I won't be as nervous to work on it. If I mess something up, I'll still have the Suzuki to get around on.

I'm also coming at this with about zero experience working on motorized things. I've been into vintage bicycles for a while and am able to work on those. I'm quite intimidated at the thought of working on motorcycles, but also very excited to learn something new.

So, any thoughts or advice you can share? Suggestions on places for help or to find parts? Thanks a ton. Cheers.
jensen
honda305.com Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum,

First, you have to make the decision yourself, but after that, here's a wealth of info available.
Part are easily found on Ebay, and questions are (mostly) answered by very experienced people here on the forum. Next to that, this forum has a search function, so you can focus on the info you need.

Jensen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Honda305.com Forum -> Honda Dream - CA72 | CA77 | CA78 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home