Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Starter & headlight Switches

wnbasac
honda305.com Member

Starter & headlight Switches

Post by wnbasac » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:37 am

Is there a difference from handlebar switches on a CA95 and CA77?

I have NOS switches for the CA95 and would like to know if I can use them on the CA77?

Tks,Lou

ed1965dream
honda305.com Member

Post by ed1965dream » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:31 am

You might look to see if the part numbers are the same. There are other vendors, but if you go to cmsnl they have parts schematics for most of these bikes and you can look up the part numbers to see if there are the same.

conbs
honda305.com Member

Switches

Post by conbs » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:41 pm

I think the switches would interchange because as I understand it, both have the same diameter handlebars and the throttle tubes are the same. The switches may not have the same part numbers, but the difference might be that they have different colored wires. You can compare the wiring diagrams of the CA95 and CA77 regarding the color of wires.

I did a good bit of checking on this a couple years ago and found that switches from many Honda bikes wouldn't work because there was not enough room in the switch housing for the throttle tube to fit. You may want to cross check the number of the CA77 throttle tube for application and then see if the other models had winkers. Those switches should work. I was after the least expensive way to put "period correct" winkers on a Dream. I gave up on finding a switch from another bike, but only after a lot of searching. All of the rest of the components can be found or manufactured for not too much money.

A switch is a switch is a switch. If it performs the function you need and will fit on your hadle bars/throttle tube, then you can even use a switch from another brand of bike. I did not spend any time searching that option.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home