honda305 Home honda305 Auctions honda305 Gallery honda305 Forum Electronic Ignition honda305 Forum honda305 Forum honda305 Forum honda305 Racing honda305 Literature

Auctions  Mailing List    Registry   Marketplace

honda305.com Forum - FULL SCREEN

honda305.com Forum

□ Search
  □ Classified Ads
□ Register
□ FAQ 
  □ Search Ads
□ Profile 
  □ My ads
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Steering Head Plate Configuration SOLVED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Honda305.com Forum -> Honda Dream - CA72 | CA77 | CA78
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Frankenstein
honda305.com Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject: Steering Head Plate Configuration SOLVED Reply with quote

Does anyone have a pic of the way the steering head on a CA77 goes back together? I'm trying to put mine back on, and something is amiss.

The flat, bent plate that holds the bolts for the handlebar nuts has two nuts on the underside of the plate, closest to the steering arm shaft.

The two Bigger bolts that screw into the top of the forks have little clip retainers, and apparently (according to the manual schematic) screw through the Top of the bent plate (#12 in the diagram) into the top of the forks, and then you reassemble the steering damper...but that can't be right, because the two bigger front bolts would pull down the steering plate in the front - and Yes, I should have taken better pictures when I took it apart. And both the manual and the diagram are no help.

Do those bigger front bolts go into the top of the steering head first, then the plate sits on top of them...? I haven't tried that yet, but I'm thinking about it as I type this...
Dr. Frankenstein
honda305.com Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after a bit of thought -and not wanting spend either the time or the money on a new -old plate, I pulled out my grinder, threw a cutting blade on there, cut the nuts off the plate (so to speak) and Voila'!

The plate fits.

So mark this one SOLVED.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Honda305.com Forum -> Honda Dream - CA72 | CA77 | CA78 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home