Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Fat Right Side

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
gbc
honda305.com Member

Re: Fat Right Side

Post by gbc » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:30 pm

Here is what I can tell you from my fun time in the garage, the carbs do not like the longer skinny needles, even with setting in the bottom slot with a bigger main there was still fuel starvation. I also installed an old float needle and bowl in the right side, and a lot of the richness disappeared. When I got really close I noticed some hesitation in the mid range, so I found some pilot jets in my stash of extra parts and went up one size. Here is my final set up that worked for me. The bike runs great, no hesitation, no popping on deceleration, and good power through all the gears. The plugs have good color and other than a little playing with the mixture screws after a longer run, I am done. Thanks for the input and maybe this will aid someone else in the same situation, but as we all know no two carbs are ever the same, but I am damn happy....

130 Mains
42 Pilots
Fatter CB style needles with the clip set one down from the top notch
Mixture screws currently 1 1/8 out
Float level 22.5mm (Set from the top of the slot on the carb lip)
Plugs D8HA's gapped at 26

stratone
honda305.com Member

Re: Fat Right Side

Post by stratone » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:20 pm

Good work! I have fought the same problem with mine. I finally realized one of my carb bodies was no longer able to function (no matter what I did to it) once a functioning body was swapped out it ran fine......................D

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home