Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Anyone Have a Set of Carb Slides CL77 or CB77

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
helmetsplitter
honda305.com Member

Anyone Have a Set of Carb Slides CL77 or CB77

Post by helmetsplitter » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:33 pm

Anyone have a set of carb slides for CL77 or CB77 ?
Carb tops? Springs?
Just bought a scrambler that is missing the entire throttle assembly.

Geoff Hastings
honda305.com Member

Post by Geoff Hastings » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:37 am

I can't help you with your missing parts but just to say it amazes me how many parts people lose. I can sort of understand losing side panels and chain guards as the bike will function without them but, entire throttle assemblies?

DJM
honda305.com Member

Missing carb parts.

Post by DJM » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:34 am

Geoff,

This one is easy to understand. When dropping an engine out of its frame it's much easier to just unscrew the carb tops from the carbs than it is to disconnect the cables properly and put the slides, springs, tops etc. back on the carburettors. Not ideal because the slides and needles left hanging in the breeze can easily get damaged.

No real problem when the engine goes back back in the same frame again but if not, then the chassis goes one way and the engine another! Someone ends up with a second hand throttle cable complete with slides, needles etc. while someone else gets an engine with an incomplete set of carbs, I know because both have happened to me!

G-Man
honda305.com Member

Re: Missing carb parts.

Post by G-Man » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:42 pm

Me too!

G
DJM wrote:Geoff,

This one is easy to understand. When dropping an engine out of its frame it's much easier to just unscrew the carb tops from the carbs than it is to disconnect the cables properly and put the slides, springs, tops etc. back on the carburettors. Not ideal because the slides and needles left hanging in the breeze can easily get damaged.

No real problem when the engine goes back back in the same frame again but if not, then the chassis goes one way and the engine another! Someone ends up with a second hand throttle cable complete with slides, needles etc. while someone else gets an engine with an incomplete set of carbs, I know because both have happened to me!
'60 C77 '60 C72 '62 C72 Dream '63 CL72
'61 CB72 '64 CB77 '65 CB160
'66 Matchless 350 '67 CL77
'67 S90 '77 CB400F

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home