Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

For those who wish to fabricate their own float height gauge

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
gbyoung2
honda305.com Member

Post by gbyoung2 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:45 pm

LOUD MOUSE wrote:Well if you read what I recommended you don't MAKE ANYTHING!
and you will see the tuning and how with what that makes that engine work. .......................lm
gbyoung2 wrote:
LOUD MOUSE wrote:You measure from the CUT OUT without the gasket or you can look at the FAQ on the forum under "HOW I TUNE" and make it easy. .................lm

gbyoung2 wrote:
Bee wrote:I see the gauge you fabricated is measuring from the notch in the bowl while my CL77 manual shows measuring from the top of the bowl 26.5mm. Now I'm not clear on where to measure, any help? Also does anyone know the size on the bolts that hold the petcock to the tank of a CL77? I left the bolts in the tank when I sent it out for painting they lost them.
This was posted awhile back, but never did see a response as where to measure from (CL77, 26mm carbs.). gasket surface, top of the slight ridge on the gasket surface, top of the recess cutout, or top of the bowl centering lip.

??????

TIA
You've basically answered my question, so thank you. Couldn't figure out where you were trying to tell me to look, but that's alright; we're good.

EDIT: I should have added that I have one of the Pit Posse gages, so no need to fabricate a dedicated one for the CL77.
With all due respect, I was referring to the original post about fabricating the gage. In addition, I could not find the "HOW I TUNE" FAQ you were referring to; I am relatively new here and not familiar with the full layout of the site. And finally, not sure why you seemed to cop an attitude and act like a jerk when I was simply asking a civil question and trying to get some information.

Trust you have a nice (better) day. Thank you.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:40 pm

I don't add words that I don't think are necessary.
The FAQ is on the forum and in a YELLOW band on the left when you find it.
I also have a HONDA float measuring tool but don't need it as you will find why when you locate the FAQ.
There are several sections on this forum and each offers something.
There is a large section with pictures and how do's in there about your question also. ..............lm

gbyoung2 wrote:
LOUD MOUSE wrote:Well if you read what I recommended you don't MAKE ANYTHING!
and you will see the tuning and how with what that makes that engine work. .......................lm
gbyoung2 wrote:
LOUD MOUSE wrote:You measure from the CUT OUT without the gasket or you can look at the FAQ on the forum under "HOW I TUNE" and make it easy. .................lm

gbyoung2 wrote:
Bee wrote:I see the gauge you fabricated is measuring from the notch in the bowl while my CL77 manual shows measuring from the top of the bowl 26.5mm. Now I'm not clear on where to measure, any help? Also does anyone know the size on the bolts that hold the petcock to the tank of a CL77? I left the bolts in the tank when I sent it out for painting they lost them.
This was posted awhile back, but never did see a response as where to measure from (CL77, 26mm carbs.). gasket surface, top of the slight ridge on the gasket surface, top of the recess cutout, or top of the bowl centering lip.

??????

TIA
You've basically answered my question, so thank you. Couldn't figure out where you were trying to tell me to look, but that's alright; we're good.

EDIT: I should have added that I have one of the Pit Posse gages, so no need to fabricate a dedicated one for the CL77.
With all due respect, I was referring to the original post about fabricating the gage. In addition, I could not find the "HOW I TUNE" FAQ you were referring to; I am relatively new here and not familiar with the full layout of the site. And finally, not sure why you seemed to cop an attitude and act like a jerk when I was simply asking a civil question and trying to get some information.

Trust you have a nice (better) day. Thank you.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home