Admirers

CONTINUING clutch problems!!!

Clutch, Transmission, Drive Chain, Sprockets
LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:55 pm

Will you be able to show pics of all plates?. .............lm

DianneB wrote:
LOUD MOUSE wrote:There are a lot of places selling the OLD plastic type that usually don't work.
There are ones with aluminum core and black neoprene that are the ones I recomend. ...................lm
I bought them through ebay but it was too long ago and the details are gone from my history.

I never heard of 'plastic' plates! The friction material looked right - the backing plates were definitely aluminium alloy.

Got the bike back in the shop now so will take the clutch out and wash it in solvent again to clean everything up.

DianneB
honda305.com Member

Post by DianneB » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:48 pm

LOUD MOUSE wrote:Will you be able to show pics of all plates?. .............lm
Actually, after I rolled the bike into the shop, I was able to break the clutch loose by rocking it back and forth so the battery is on charge and then I will take it for scoot and see if the clutch is behaving before I pull anything apart.

How do you identify "plastic" plates?

Bee
honda305.com Member

Post by Bee » Wed May 09, 2018 4:11 pm

DianneB wrote:After washing the clutch again last fall and switching to a motorcycle oil, the clutch in the Purple Dream is stuck fast again this spring :( Going to have to take it apart (again) and wash it (again).

I am beginning to wonder if the friction plates that I got for it were poor quality?
What are you "washing" the clutch plates with? I'm going to have to do this my self soon.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home