Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Primary Chain

Michael Stoic
honda305.com Member

Primary Chain

Post by Michael Stoic » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:31 pm

[forwarded from email]<br /><br /><br />I write in a magazine called Classic &amp; Motorcycle Mechanics Magazine here in England, and I am currently running a twelve part series (maybe more) on rebuilding a CB77. I have come across a real problem that I wondered if you might be able to offer some information about.<br /><br />I have two primary chains, both useless. The chain is now obsolete and not obtainable from Honda. It is a 328 size (i.e. 3/8 by 3/8) which is an obsolete size, not used in industry.<br /><br />I have investigated a kit which is available over here to convert the sprockets to duplex with a normal sized duplex chain. Sounds great, but it<br />costs 150UKP (i.e. about 225 dollars), which is a lot for an old bike to be used just now and then.<br /><br />Any idea where can I get a new primary chain?<br /><br />Mark Haycock<br />markh@altavista.net

carabener
honda305.com Member

Re: Primary Chain

Post by carabener » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:40 pm

Hi Mark,<br />That was a wonderful, informative series you did/doing?!? <br />I have Part 10 from the Dec 2000 issue. <br />I was unable to get the back issues for the entire series, here in the USA. Are you running the series again?<br />Any chance of buying the entire series, I'd love to have it.<br /><br />Ok, as you know, the primary chain is an RK328-56 chain. <br />That fellow with a shop in Ohio, USA, may still have one. <br />The primary chain, old part # is (23121-266-003).<br /><br />Cheers,<br />C<br />

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home