Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CA77 throttle cable replacement

jkjoller
honda305.com Member

CA77 throttle cable replacement

Post by jkjoller » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:29 am

hello- does anyone know how to replace the throttle cable on an early ('66) CA77? Specifically what I'm referring to is: how do I feed the cable through the silver guide arm (not sure what its called) see photo (it screws onto the throttle assembly on the handlebars). Neither end of the new cable won't fit through the hole. I would have to cut one of the ends off, feed through and then reattach. Seems like a bad idea.

Thanks.

NOTE: I give up on trying to add a photo to my post. I know its formatted correctly and the correct file type. (I build websites for a living). What the hell?

Seadog
honda305.com Member

Re: CA77 throttle cable replacement

Post by Seadog » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:19 pm

jkjoller wrote:hello- does anyone know how to replace the throttle cable on an early ('66) CA77? Specifically what I'm referring to is: how do I feed the cable through the silver guide arm (not sure what its called) see photo (it screws onto the throttle assembly on the handlebars). Neither end of the new cable won't fit through the hole. I would have to cut one of the ends off, feed through and then reattach. Seems like a bad idea.

Thanks.

NOTE: I give up on trying to add a photo to my post. I know its formatted correctly and the correct file type. (I build websites for a living). What the hell?
Sounds as if you have a CB77 throttle assembly on your CA. I think some folks make this conversion to do away with the more problematic CA throttle assembly or because they want to use non CA handlebars without the hole for the throttle cable. The CB throttle cable comes with the bent tube already installed. I don’t know what cable folks use for a single carb with the CB throttle assembly.

The site’s photo posting feature has been broken for a very long time. Use a photo hosting site to post photos here.

DylanGolden
honda305.com Member

Re: CA77 throttle cable replacement

Post by DylanGolden » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:51 pm

I'm having this exact same problem and am not sure what cable to buy bc I don't want to have to cut a new cable and solder it back together. I have no clue what the original owner did because the cable that broke looks old enough to be the original

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home