Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Acceleration Flattens

Points Based Ignition | Electronic Ignition Upgrade
Carl
honda305.com Member

Acceleration Flattens

Post by Carl » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:25 am

My 67 CL77 does not accelerate well in the high end. At first it seemed the mechanical advance might not be working properly. But if I roll back the throttle a bit, it will continue to gain RPMs. On long uphill grades it seems to run out of fuel and starts to sputter until I slow down. However, if I reach down and pull the cholk up it does not help I have rebuilt the carbs and have blown the passages out with compressed air. The timing is right on the money, it has new plugs and the jets are per the book. I have also checked and cleaned the fuel petcock and screen. Could it be a plugged vent in the fuel cap? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Carl

davomoto
honda305.com Member

Post by davomoto » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:50 pm

Carl, have you pulled the plugs and checked the color? It sounds like it may be running lean. Also, have you done emos tune up recipie? Follow it to the T, and your bike will run awsome. Make sure to check timing at full advance with a timimg light. Too much advance, or too lean carb settings will set you up for some expensive repairs!

davomoto

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home