Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Electric short somewhere?

Points Based Ignition | Electronic Ignition Upgrade
dreamneworleans
honda305.com Member

Electric short somewhere?

Post by dreamneworleans » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:07 pm

Hi all. I have a 67 dream 305. I have recently installed an electronic ignition, rectifier and coils all purchased from Charlie's place in CA. They were very helpful in helping me install it all. I am a novice. I got it up and running couple days ago and it ran great. Although I noticed yesterday that after about 45 min it started to stall upon stopping. I turned off the head lamp and it seemed to resolve the issue. Today I started it up and went to check that the headlight was not on high beam, I pushed the switch all the way down and it clicked and then the bike shut off. Now there is no activity when I push the ignition button and I cannot kick start it either. Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be great. J

rrietman
honda305.com Member

Post by rrietman » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:04 am

sounds like you have a dead battery. either a simple old/bad battery or a charging issue. check the running voltage at an rpm off idle, anything south of 13 is a problem. clean the battery connections. look for loose wires at the rectifier and on the ignition switch.
Good luck
Randy

Kensashi
honda305.com Member

Post by Kensashi » Mon May 25, 2015 4:03 am

Want to contact this topic to do.

maxbet

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home