Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CA77 Condenser

Points Based Ignition | Electronic Ignition Upgrade
roadrunner
honda305.com Member

CA77 Condenser

Post by roadrunner » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:33 pm

Help,how do you test the condenser to see if it's working or not.thxs for the info.

revlover
honda305.com Member

Post by revlover » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:46 am

There some sophisticated and expensive testers for capacitors (aka condensers) but you really don't need one. You can check it first with an ohm meter to verify it is not shorted. Unplug the connector and place one probe on the condenser lead and the other probe on ground. An analog ohm meter may show a tiny movement of the needle but otherwise the reading should be infinity with any kind of meter. Outside of the ohm meter, the best test is to substitute a known good condenser in place of the suspect one. Don't worry about trying to find one specific to your bike model. Just about any automotive or small engine type will work just fine for testing. A shorted condenser will result in no spark, while an open condenser will produce faint, inconsistent, and off color sparks. If the condenser is good, your spark should be fat and blue with a "crack" sound to it. Hope this helps.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." Red Green

roadrunner
honda305.com Member

CA77 Condenser

Post by roadrunner » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:42 am

Can't tell you how much your info. has helped so much, this has been really buggen me thxs i hope i can pass on this infomation to someone in need someday.

Tvcambing
honda305.com Member

Post by Tvcambing » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:50 am

I do not much want you to help me a little bit.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home