Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

1965 305 superhawk problems

Points Based Ignition | Electronic Ignition Upgrade
TexasTy
honda305.com Member

1965 305 superhawk problems

Post by TexasTy » Wed May 24, 2017 8:01 am

I have recently gotten my grandfathers superhawk back after being sole 12 years ago, and have put a lot of work into it to get it running. I have rebuilt the carbs and I can't get the right side to fire all the time. If I remove the air filter and some what cover the air port with 2 fingers it will pick up, but as soon as i let go it drops out again. The left carb fires just fine, I'm hoping that the carb isn't junk. new plugs new air filters. Any help or suggestions?

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Re: 1965 305 superhawk problems

Post by e3steve » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:32 am

TexasTy wrote:I have recently gotten my grandfathers superhawk back after being sole 12 years ago, and have put a lot of work into it to get it running. I have rebuilt the carbs and I can't get the right side to fire all the time. If I remove the air filter and some what cover the air port with 2 fingers it will pick up, but as soon as i let go it drops out again. The left carb fires just fine, I'm hoping that the carb isn't junk. new plugs new air filters. Any help or suggestions?
Incorrect float level? Needle set too low? Crud in the jet(s), possibly?

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: 1965 305 superhawk problems

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:26 am

Where do you live?. ...............lm
TexasTy wrote:I have recently gotten my grandfathers superhawk back after being sole 12 years ago, and have put a lot of work into it to get it running. I have rebuilt the carbs and I can't get the right side to fire all the time. If I remove the air filter and some what cover the air port with 2 fingers it will pick up, but as soon as i let go it drops out again. The left carb fires just fine, I'm hoping that the carb isn't junk. new plugs new air filters. Any help or suggestions?

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home