Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CL77 Coil Wiring

Points Based Ignition | Electronic Ignition Upgrade
Tim Allman
honda305.com Member

Post by Tim Allman » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:38 pm

The fine people at phpBB told me that the data could be transferred to a new site with a new version of their software, apparently without loss. However, there seems to be no way of doing that without Mr. Stoic's cooperation.

I see that there is contact information at the bottom of this page: http://www.honda305.com/cb77_900/cb77-907.htm. Does anyone live nearby or feel comfortable calling him? Does anyone have a Web server that might accommodate a new site?

Seadog
honda305.com Member

Post by Seadog » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Hosted at Godaddy.

Seadog
honda305.com Member

Post by Seadog » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:26 pm

I live fairly nearby, but I don’t think that the contact information you found is accurate any longer. The domain search at Godaddy shows a different telephone number and address. A Google search shows others. I’m not exactly comfortable doing it, but I’ll start calling numbers tomorrow. Even if I can get in touch, I’m not certain how well I’ll be received. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Tim Allman wrote:The fine people at phpBB told me that the data could be transferred to a new site with a new version of their software, apparently without loss. However, there seems to be no way of doing that without Mr. Stoic's cooperation.

I see that there is contact information at the bottom of this page: http://www.honda305.com/cb77_900/cb77-907.htm. Does anyone live nearby or feel comfortable calling him? Does anyone have a Web server that might accommodate a new site?

G-Man
honda305.com Member

Post by G-Man » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:53 pm

Thank you for looking in to this, gentlemen.

If I can help, I will.

G
Seadog wrote:I live fairly nearby, but I don’t think that the contact information you found is accurate any longer. The domain search at Godaddy shows a different telephone number and address. A Google search shows others. I’m not exactly comfortable doing it, but I’ll start calling numbers tomorrow. Even if I can get in touch, I’m not certain how well I’ll be received. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Tim Allman wrote:The fine people at phpBB told me that the data could be transferred to a new site with a new version of their software, apparently without loss. However, there seems to be no way of doing that without Mr. Stoic's cooperation.

'60 C77 '60 C72 '62 C72 Dream '63 CL72
'61 CB72 '64 CB77 '65 CB160
'66 Matchless 350 '67 CL77
'67 S90 '77 CB400F

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:20 am

Great work, you guys! I too, like G, would be happy to contribute and assist in any way I can.

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:26 am

Regarding webservers, I’m an active member of C6owners.org, which comprises a nice interface and uses BBCode, and is currently run and administered by Steve Welsh and David Hallworth.

http://c6owners.org/cysylltwch.php

Seadog
honda305.com Member

Post by Seadog » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:22 am

I have found an alternate email address for Michael and sent him a note today. So far, it has not bounced back as have others, so it might actually get to him. I'm hopeful. If I haven't heard from him by later today, I'll start making telephone calls. If I'm not successful with calls, I'll start sending letters to the addresses I've found.

I am suggesting that Michael make some of us moderators with administrative privileges in order to get the site up and running again at full steam. Alternatively, I've suggested that if life has lead him to other things and he wants to pass the forum on, some of us might be willing to take it on. The site is just too important to lose.

Your thoughts?

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home