□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

brass bushing lert or right

Tonyshawk
honda305.com Member

Post by Tonyshawk » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:20 pm

Thanks for the info Brian The pawl, spring, and spindle pawl all came out of the spindle because of the busted bushing. I took oil pump out and found them in there, blew a hole in my oil screen but luckily no damage to pump. I ordered a mess of odd and end parts off Ebay thank God that there was a bushing in that lot, it shows some wear but its 20 time better that what I had. I'm going to order all new parts for the pawl I'm also getting a used spindle from bobcovintage cycle
Wish me luck I expected some trouble 50yrs old but so far its been a nightmare Froze piston destroyed after a month of pounding trying all different way to get it loose finally comes loose then cracks lower jug coming out. Cylinder with pistons Ebay $120 with s&h getting my heads done now hope they check out ok You have a good evening and I'll keep on keepin on.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

PAWL

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:11 pm

When you get the new pawl you will see sharp edges on both sides/ends.
I use my air tool with a sanding disc and round the sharp edges which allows the pawl to rub on the kick spindle bushing and not wear into it. .................lm

Tonyshawk wrote:Thanks for the info Brian The pawl, spring, and spindle pawl all came out of the spindle because of the busted bushing. I took oil pump out and found them in there, blew a hole in my oil screen but luckily no damage to pump. I ordered a mess of odd and end parts off Ebay thank God that there was a bushing in that lot, it shows some wear but its 20 time better that what I had. I'm going to order all new parts for the pawl I'm also getting a used spindle from bobcovintage cycle
Wish me luck I expected some trouble 50yrs old but so far its been a nightmare Froze piston destroyed after a month of pounding trying all different way to get it loose finally comes loose then cracks lower jug coming out. Cylinder with pistons Ebay $120 with s&h getting my heads done now hope they check out ok You have a good evening and I'll keep on keepin on.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home