honda305.com Forum

Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Adding winkers to a bike that never had them?

ian choplin
honda305.com Member

Post by ian choplin » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:14 am

Great info in this thread. I bought the left hand switch mentioned here on eBay and now have rear turn signals.
Thanks for the thread

Ian
67 Dream
1980 IH Scout
1978 Fiat Spider

Bob750
honda305.com Member

Post by Bob750 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:16 pm

We had bought the turn signal kit shown in a previous post on eBay before deciding to restore our Dream. After some hemming and hawing and seeing some other options, we're now going to try to go the stock winker route. But there is some confusion...

There is a set of lenses available from Thailand for not a lot of money that I think would be a correct fit for a Dream, but they are advertised as for Benly. Then there is a set also advertised for Benly that is different than the first, but I feel, correct for Benly. Then there is a set advertised as for Dream that looks like the second one advertised for Benly.

I've ordered the long screws from PartZilla.com (we'll see how that goes.)

What I need to know is: is the first lens set appropriate for Dream, despite the title? Note the little angles on the rear lenses where it would fit right into the fender brackets.
Mine: '74 CB750 K4 -- Hers: '64 CA78
Had: '75 CB550 K, '79 CT90

Bob750
honda305.com Member

Post by Bob750 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:17 pm

Oh and then there is the front winkers for the handlebar. Would this set work, even though it's repro?

conbs
honda305.com Member

Winker Lenses

Post by conbs » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:54 am

Bob,

There is a set sold from Asia with the rear winker lenses that will fit. Look for the one with that angle on the end. I bought a set and they fit in the spot right under the HONDA plate.

I also bought a set of those inexpensive front repros. I haven't put them on yet but, they look like they would work fine. You just need something for a 7/8" bar.

BTW the tail light screws will work for the rear winker lenses. I wonder if those are still available from Honda? I think that size was used on a number of bikes.

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:44 am

Bob750 wrote:Oh and then there is the front winkers for the handlebar. Would this set work, even though it's repro?
Bob, those are exactly what you need for the front. They look to be a pretty faithful reproduction of the Stanley OEM-type, albeit satin-chomed plastic. Nice find for the money!

conbs
honda305.com Member

Wiring harness for winkers

Post by conbs » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:33 pm

I just noticed on eBay auction 121696916335. It is a Dream wiring harness that looks like it has the wiring for adding winkers. It looks like it retains the original colors for all the wiring. Not a good choice for a concours restoration but, for a daily rider you could update your wiring harness and add the plumbing for winkers at the same time.

If you are interested please note this seller. The listing will come down at some point so get your info saved now if you are not ready to purchase. I have purchased from them before with good results.

CAUTION: I am not saying this harness will fit or that it actually does have all the wiring needed. Do your own research. I have simply located a place for you to do some serious investigation. Use the "Ask a question" function on eBay to find out more info from the seller. Spend some time studying the color-coded Dream wiring harness before you buy.

Bob750
honda305.com Member

Re: Wiring harness for winkers

Post by Bob750 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:43 pm

Thanks! Good info! :)
conbs wrote:I just noticed on eBay auction 121696916335. It is a Dream wiring harness that looks like it has the wiring for adding winkers. It looks like it retains the original colors for all the wiring. Not a good choice for a concours restoration but, for a daily rider you could update your wiring harness and add the plumbing for winkers at the same time.

If you are interested please note this seller. The listing will come down at some point so get your info saved now if you are not ready to purchase. I have purchased from them before with good results.

CAUTION: I am not saying this harness will fit or that it actually does have all the wiring needed. Do your own research. I have simply located a place for you to do some serious investigation. Use the "Ask a question" function on eBay to find out more info from the seller. Spend some time studying the color-coded Dream wiring harness before you buy.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home