Admirers

shifter sticking

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: worn shift drum

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:45 pm

Thanks Lee.
That is a worn out one for sure. ..............lm

jleewebb wrote:here's a pic of my worn out shift drum...I think this is what Ed's talking about...

ImageDSC_1166 by Lee's CB, on Flickr

joeweir1
honda305.com Member

Post by joeweir1 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:01 am

My shift drum is not worn on the points in the channel where the rollers ride.So if not that then the forks would be my best bet to replace would they not?Not sure what else could actually lock the shifter rock solid?Can forks be rebuilt or built up again or does someone have new ones out there still?Recently it happened after stopping at light and putting in neutral and when light changed trying to put in first gear.A few horns blowing behind till I got it worked out.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:50 am

How bout pics of the forks and the rollers from the side. .....................lm
joeweir1 wrote:My shift drum is not worn on the points in the channel where the rollers ride.So if not that then the forks would be my best bet to replace would they not?Not sure what else could actually lock the shifter rock solid?Can forks be rebuilt or built up again or does someone have new ones out there still?Recently it happened after stopping at light and putting in neutral and when light changed trying to put in first gear.A few horns blowing behind till I got it worked out.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home