Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Blown Headlight fix!!!

benebob
honda305.com Member

Blown Headlight fix!!!

Post by benebob » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:55 pm

After an exhaustive search that didn't yield a replacement. I took a spare dead headlight I devised my own headlight replacement.<br /><br />1. Drill a small hole right next to the prong thing in the back of the light. This is to let any gas out (if there is any left in the sealed beam. Becareful not to go to far through.<br />2. Cut off your wiring. Leave the green.<br />3. Get a 1 3/4&quot; or so sized bore bit. and go right down through the center of the prong thing.<br />4. Break and clean out the inside of the light.<br />5. Take a Gen 1 Legacy 90-94 headligt and the back frame (IT FITS ALMOST PERFECT and is a dual beam light with 3 wires) Cut about a 4 inch square or so out of the Legacy light backing.<br />6. Glue it right in the center. I used contruction adhesive as I had some but don't know how it will hold up. Make sure not to get any on the inner reflector area.<br />7. Let dry and wire it up. I stuck blue to blue, red to red and the green white to the green ground on the light.<br /><br />Only issue is the light stays on when running at the moment. Not a bad thing necessarily but I have to search down a legacy wiring diagram to figure out if I wired it wrong. Cost me all of $10 at the junkyard and it is brighter than the original and the bulbs are easily replaced!!!<br /><br />Hope it helps some of ya out there!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home