Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

What have I missed

conbs
honda305.com Member

Drummer

Post by conbs » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:00 pm

Dan, I still have the chrome, Gene Krupa model, Slingerland snare drum that my mom got me in 1965 (5th grade). I played it for a lot of years in club bands and it made me enough money to get through college and and a long ways beyond. It outlasted several drum sets.

My daughter leads Worship at our church about once a month and that's about all the playing I do anymore. But, it sure is fun to whack those drums and my daughter really appreciates having an old rocker laying out a solid groove.

So, did you win the duel with your friend?

Glad to hear the ground was your only problem. Electrical ghosts can be pretty frustrating.

djbarcy
honda305.com Member

Post by djbarcy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:41 pm

Ah, it looks like we are the same age Conbs! I was in 5th grade in 65 also. Very cool that you have your Slingerland snare. I had Ludwigs back then. The last time I played in a band was '83 and had Tama Superstars.
Revently moved back so am in an apartment right now so I picked up a set of Yamaha electronics. Never thought I would like them over acousitcs but I can slip on a set of headphones, connect to YouTube or any source and play silently to the outside world. Or, I have Fender bass amp that I can connect them to.
A couple friends and I are looking into software needed so we can jam "virtually" over the internet.
Saturday we ran them through my friends board and played them through the monitors. It was pretty awesome!
As far as the duel, it was a tie. It was great fun!
Beautiful day yesterday so rode about 5 hours.
Just need to pick up a speedometer cable in the near future as mine just broke.
Unfortunately the gas soaked rag I had under the carb wrinkled the paint on my engine cases. Was wondering what paint and color I should use? I forget what I used when I restored it a few years ago.
All the best!
Dan
Dan Barcy
'65 305 Dream

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home