Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

New plugs

casamere
honda305.com Member

New plugs

Post by casamere » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:24 am

Hi members, Have always been happy with the NGK D8HA plugs I have used in my CA77 but a couple of days ago I rang NGK and the guy I spoke to recommended I try the improved DR8HS plugs.
I purchased 2 and today was test day. I could feel the improvement because of in his words a better copper core and more stable spark.
The most noticable difference is on tick over it seems more settled.
I am not interested in top speed ( 65mph ) but the power delivery to get me there seemed far smoother.
Will I stay with these new plugs, yes I think I will.

DJM
honda305.com Member

Spark plugs

Post by DJM » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:50 am

A while back I bought a box of D8HA or perhaps D8HS plugs, assuming I get 10,000 miles from a set of plugs (or even half that!) I've probably enough to see me through to the end of my riding days!

They work fine in both my CB77 and the CL77.

If I have to buy any more I'll certainly try the DR8HS, here's hoping I get to put them to the test, watch this space for my report!

Geoff Hastings
honda305.com Member

Post by Geoff Hastings » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:38 pm

That's interesting, in my CA77 I occasionally have the plugs foul when starting after standing unridden for a month or so. They perform perfectly well the rest of the time. I also have a box of NGK DH8A that I'm working my way through so will give the newer plugs a try.
I have a bit of a dilemma though, I have built myself another engine, rebored, nice gearbox and ready to go but... I've just bought two 750k6 that need restoring so have sort of pushed the CA77 to the corner of the garage.

honda305.com Member

Re: New plugs

Post by 305 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:44 pm

i saw this thread and i had to give it a try for myself, replaced the D8HA plugs in my `66 Dream with DR8HS plugs. it did seam to start easier and idle smoother...but i will have to wait until i move a couple cars so i can get it out for a test

anyone else try them?
when small men begin to cast long shadows it's a sure sign the sun is setting

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home