Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

to many boards

Do we need more: Boards? Topics? Motorcycles? Different organization? Layout? Suggestions on how to improve the h305 Forum.

to many boards

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:25 am

look at the messages. anything that has not had a response in week needs to be consolidated into anther topic.<br /><br />look at the new Suz board i frequent.<br /><br />http://nova.fast-servers.net/~sundial/p ... dex.php<br /><br />already the same problem, they did better when they only had one board and you had to check it or miss the info.<br /><br />http://members3.boardhost.com/Smokin158/<br /><br />you want to make the board come alive? send a link to everyone that lists or bids on one of our bikes on evilbay. heck, everyone that bids on the parts.<br /><br />there is a chance to make this the premier site for 305. you just have to do work.

georGe
honda305.com Member

Re: to many boards

Post by georGe » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:55 pm

The main problem is there is not a core group of posters that keeps the boards here fresh. If we can get a core rollin it'll all be good !<br /><br />georGe<br />

ikiru
honda305.com Member

Post by ikiru » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:16 am

I have to say, there are WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too many boards here. I am active in a few other boards that are really active. (check out groupdiy.com , this board is only 3 months old and has 1005 members and counting, and it is on the obscure topic of building high end recording equipment.<br /><br />The we had the discussion on that board regarding splitting it up, and decided it should be kept to as few as possible forums. This made it more likely that people would read every post, and maybe read something they didn't know they were interested in. Also it would prevent the place from having ghettos, or worse the entire thing turning into a graveyard<br /><br /><br />I sugest that the maximum forum order be:<br />Frame and Chassis<br />Motor<br />Wanted/forsale<br />off topic, general chat, rides<br /><br /><br /><br />If searablity is an issue. look at the meta threads at groupdiy.com it keeps the 60,000 posts organized. <br /><br />There could be an forum rule that a post should begin with a 'section' key word. which would help searching too.<br /><br /><br />Please don't take my comments as harsh, I would just like to see this place hopping with honda cb77/72 fans.<br /><br />-jay<br />

UConn337
honda305.com Member

Post by UConn337 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:25 am

I blame the fact that most who are old enought to remember the Superhawk do not know how to turn on a computer... j/k :)<br /><br />A core would be good, but the sites main page has been neglected for so long I doubt most realize that the forum functions.

Michael Stoic
honda305.com Member

Post by Michael Stoic » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:43 pm

I respectfully disagree on both points, particularly on the allegation of &quot;neglect.&quot; Yes, the very first page does not change very often - but I am not running Yahoo or MSN - however the web site is always undergoing changes; new photos, comments and features. Not every change is major nor do I announce every single one, but to say &quot;neglected&quot; - NO WAY!!

georGe
honda305.com Member

Post by georGe » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:59 pm

I agree w/ Ikiru about there being to many boards here to try and keep up on whats freshly posted. I think the idea of all those boards is good but I dont think it works well w/ this site.<br />If it was narrowed down alittle bit I think there would be alot more particapation from people causing the&quot;core&quot; to grow.<br /><br />Mike I would also like to offer some suggestions offline,if you are interested in them drop me an email. <br />georGe<br /><br />

RonBou
honda305.com Member

Post by RonBou » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:53 am

I frequent several message boards and find this one harder to navigate because it has too many topics. It is hard enough to find info on these older bikes without having to jump around on all these topics without missing something. Please understand that this is constructive critism of what I hope matures into a premier message board.<br /><br />Ron
Ron

66 305 Dream (driver)
67 CL77 (next project)
82 CB900 (driver)
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour (trip bike)

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home