Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Vintage Japanese swap meet-Aug

Rides, Meets, Shows, Races, etc. | Literature: Repair, Parts, History, Philosophy (ZatAoMM)
FLYHAVEN2001
honda305.com Member

Vintage Japanese swap meet-Aug

Post by FLYHAVEN2001 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:59 pm

Swap meet Aug 19, 20 21 in york co. pa near jefferson. incase anyone wants to know.

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Re: Vintage Japanese swap meet-Aug

Post by Vince Lupo » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:47 am

I'm planning on riding up on Saturday morning from the Baltimore area if anyone's interested in convoying up. E-mail me at dirone@toad.net to make arrangements/breakfast/etc.

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:30 am

I went to this show over the weekend and I have to say that it was a bit of disappointment. Saturday's swap meet/auto jumble was basically a bunch of guys standing around in a muddy field selling rusty beat-up junk. Sunday was fine with approximately 70 bikes plus about 10 mini trails in attendance for the 'concours' judging. I think the organizers need to offer some planned rides, reliability runs, breakfast rides or something to make it more interesting for those of us who attend this event for the weekend. I spoke to a fellow who flew all the way from Detroit into Dulles (west of DC) and then drove more than two hours to this show, and came away quite disappointed. This show is touted as a 'major' event in the Mid-Atlantic, but I think it needs a little reworking. They could be taking advantage of its location to offer some organized Saturday or Sunday morning rides, etc, but for some reason are not rising to the occasion. If I were to return next year, I'd probably only ride up to the Sunday judging and forget the Saturday parts sale. Who knows, maybe it's just due to the relatively limited appeal of Vintage Japanese bikes (compared to British, Harley, that is).

piecutter
honda305.com Member

Post by piecutter » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:55 am

Well it may not be much of a swap meet, I don't think I've found more than one or two items there over the years, but it's always a good Sunday ride just to see what's on the concourse. This year there was a 1951 D-Type, rumored to be the oldest Honda in America, plenty of Dreams, only three Superhawks, including mine, some good looking 450's, a really nice CA175 and right in front of Vince's bike was a pristene CB92R Benley S.S. Racer! For sale! There were plenty of Kawi's and Yam's but more intrigueing were the Bridgestones, Hodakas and Rockfords!<br /> Oh, and did I mention my bike?<br />Maybe if I get my lazy butt up earlier next year I can get a trophy!<br /> Joe Bass

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Post by kustommusic » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:52 pm

Hey Joe!(remember that song?) The bike looks so great!! Steve Greer

piecutter
honda305.com Member

Post by piecutter » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:00 pm

What gun? Yeah, I remember. Thanks. It did look great a couple of days ago. Now it's in pieces, again. Top end overhaul.<br />Hopefully it will not only look great, but RUN great as well in time for the Nostalgia run this weekend! (thnx 2 Ed 4 parts)<br />Joe Bass

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home