Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Route 66 Vintage Iron Museum...

Rides, Meets, Shows, Races, etc. | Literature: Repair, Parts, History, Philosophy (ZatAoMM)
Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Route 66 Vintage Iron Museum...

Post by Vince Lupo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:00 am

Been meaning to post these for a while, and am finally getting around to it.....

Last year I had to travel to Tulsa, OK for work, and I decided to drive out from Baltimore rather than fly. On my way there I stopped into Miami, OK (just over the state line from Missouri off route 66), and found the Route 66 Vintage Iron Motorcycle Museum:

http://www.route66vintageiron.com/

Lots of interesting things to see there, and they have a particular interest in Evel Knievel and his son Robbie. I think I only saw one Honda there (it's in one of the photos below - sorry, they're from my iPhone), but if you're in the area, this place is definitely worth a visit.

IMG_0816 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

IMG_0818 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

IMG_0819 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

IMG_0820 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

IMG_0821 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

IMG_0823 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

IMG_0824 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

IMG_0825 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

IMG_0826 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr
Last edited by Vince Lupo on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

jensey
honda305.com Member

Post by jensey » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:26 am

Hi Vince,,

You mean Baltimore (Marylan)- Tulsa (Oklahoma) ? a 1300 miles ride ?

Jensen
assembly of Japanese motorcycles requires great peace of mind (Pirsig)

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:15 am

Yes Baltimore, Maryland to Tulsa, Oklahoma. 1300 miles sounds about right (each way of course!). And no, I didn't ride -- I took the very unexciting Jetta TDI. Did get about 47mpg though!

One of the reasons I drove was that it was a job that involved a lot of lighting (I'm a commercial photographer), and the closest place that rented lighting of any measure was Oklahoma City (I don't fly with my lighting). So I decided to drive -- I got to use my own stuff, the client paid for all my expenses there and back, and I got to see parts of Route 66 that I've never seen, including this museum. So now you know the rest of the story!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home