Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Nostalgia Ride, Thurmont MD 2014....

Rides, Meets, Shows, Races, etc. | Literature: Repair, Parts, History, Philosophy (ZatAoMM)
Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Nostalgia Ride, Thurmont MD 2014....

Post by Vince Lupo » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:38 am

That time of year again, and one of my favourite 'vintage' events: http://www.classicmotorcycleday.org/nrun/

Beautiful part of Maryland (near Camp David, and just south of Gettysburg PA), and there are three routes from which to choose. Let's hope for good weather!

BTW this is the 25th anniversary of the ride....may just have to get a t-shirt this time.

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:04 pm

A glorious day for the Nostalgia Ride today. Clear blue skies and temps in the mid-70s.

I'd say about 150-200 bikes showed up and participated, and as usual a wide variety was in attendance. Riders could choose between a 60 or a 90-mile route, as well as a ride for 'dual purpose' bikes. I chose the 90-mile route, which took us into Gettysburg and through the battlefield park, as well as some great twisty roads throughout Pennsylvania and Maryland.

There was also a bit of a 'poker run' involved in the ride -- you had to pick up a 'token' at the rest stop (guess to prove that you actually did the entire ride!), and when you turned it in at the start/end point, you picked 5 cards from a deck. Probably the worst hand I have ever had in all the times I've done this ride -- 3, 4, 8, queen, king. So uh -- king high?

On the plus side, the bike ran like a champ today, and total distance for the day was about 244 miles. The new Cappellini oil filter conversion seems to be working fine, and I think I detected a bit more 'oomph' at the rear wheel!

A few photos from today......

Nostalgia1 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia2 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia3 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia4 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia8 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia9 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia10 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia11 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia12 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia13 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia15 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia17 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia18 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia19 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia20 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia21 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia22 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home