honda305.com Forum

Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

cool retro bikes - seat restoration, whatcha think?

Restoration and Cosmetic Upkeep
bill b
honda305.com Member

cool retro bikes - seat restoration, whatcha think?

Post by bill b » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:24 pm

I'm thinking of plunking down a chunk of cash for a refurbished seat for my cb77 from 'cool retro bikes' - has anyone out there used these guys before? is there a better way to go? thanks.

BigDaddy
honda305.com Member

Re: cool retro bikes - seat restoration, whatcha think?

Post by BigDaddy » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:38 am

Hi,<br /><br />Yes, I used them for my cl77. T.D Bash (cool retro ) is the best at what they do. A pic of my bike is on their website (Carson McCord - owner). Your correct, it is a little $$$$$, but their seats are worth it if you are doing a show bike.

jwbert
honda305.com Member

Post by jwbert » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:46 pm

I ordered a seat cover kit from them on 2-09 for my CL77, as of 3/09 have not gotten it. They tell me the USPS lost it and I will have to wait for them to trace it down and pay the claim. They may be the best at what they do, but they do not do customer service very well in my opinion.

dreamweaver
honda305.com Member

Post by dreamweaver » Tue May 10, 2005 9:16 pm

A fellow from Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada makes real nice repo seat covers.Reasonable to. Seen them on ebay: dziehl@telus.net

coolretrobik
honda305.com Member

Post by coolretrobik » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:29 pm

jwbert wrote:<br />I ordered a seat cover kit from them on 2-09 for my CL77, as of 3/09 have not gotten it. They tell me the USPS lost it and I will have to wait for them to trace it down and pay the claim. They may be the best at what they do, but they do not do customer service very well in my opinion.<br />
<br />I will personally apologize for this situation. Unfortunately sometimes things happen that are beyond our control. USPS losing packages is just one of them. It doesnt happen very often but when it does the first reaction of a customer is to blame the source...namely us. We try our best to take care of our customers, which is why we have numerous testimonials posted on our website, all from the most prestigious collectors world wide. We also are referred by several large Honda Dealers and other shops and we NEVER advertise. Yes, admitedly our quality workmanship well EXCEEDS our customer service at times, but we ALWAYS take care of our customers and make wrongs right even when it isnt our fault. We made this right with jwbert, provided him with a replacement cover in a timely fashion and hopefully he will post a message relaying as such in the near future. <br />Regards, <br />T.D. BASH<br />www.coolretrobikes.com

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:15 pm

SO did you actually receive a better than average cover or just a nice close copy?<br /><br />I ordered a seat cover kit from them on 2-09 for my CL77, as of 3/09 have not gotten it. They tell me the USPS lost it and I will have to wait for them to trace it down and pay the claim. They may be the best at what they do, but they do not do customer service very well in my opinion.<br />
RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

jwbert
honda305.com Member

Post by jwbert » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:33 pm

I did finally get the cover which was very well done, easy to install because the material they use is quite stretchable in all directions and looks about as close to orignal as could be. I was very happy with the seat cover. I was not impressed with the chrome strip replacement they sell that sticks on with what looks like the 3M double stick material. I would hold out for the original stainless piece if you need one and can find a good retorable one. I hear that Cool Retro does excellent work on restoring original seats, and would give them a try if I ever found an original seat that was not so bad off as to be junk, and had restoration potential. jwb

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home