Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Badge trade?

Restoration and Cosmetic Upkeep
G-Man
honda305.com Member

Re: Badge trade?

Post by G-Man » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:35 am

The plastic ones are original equipment but because they were quite fragile and every bike seemed to have a dedicated badge. Honda made a metal 'universal' replacement with just the Honda text to replace them all.

I don't think that they were ever fitted to new bikes, just sold as spares.

G
apeonwheels wrote:G,

Thanks, but only the shipping from UK would be close to what these cost on eBay, so don`t split your backup. Now I`m a bit confused, there are plastic and metal ones stated as genuine, so which ones do you think fit mine? The year is 66.
Here`s the link about the market:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=ho ... e&_sacat=0

By the way, congratulations for your CB, I follow your posts about it, very entertaining :)
G-Man wrote:Good enough. I have a couple of sets of those that I may never use. If you get really desperate I might split a set but I'm not really keen to do that.......

G

apeonwheels wrote:
G-Man wrote:How about a photo of the actual badge(s) Yours look like the late replacement metal ones but I cannot see for sure.

G
apeonwheels wrote:Hi All,
I have two identical badges (both for the right side), a matching pair would definitely be better. Is anyone out there with two left side badges who would be willing to trade ?
Hi G-Man, here`s a better photo if you scroll down:
http://www.honda305.com/forums/first-st ... 35775.html

I`m not sure if it is the original or aftermarket, I have the very same badge on the other side. Perhaps I can dig up a better picture.
'60 C77 '60 C72 '62 C72 Dream '63 CL72
'61 CB72 '64 CB77 '65 CB160
'66 Matchless 350 '67 CL77
'67 S90 '77 CB400F

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home