Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Wiring a keyed ignition switch Cp77

Charging System, Wiring, Lighting
WrenchRust
honda305.com Member

Post by WrenchRust » Wed May 25, 2016 11:21 pm

Just to follow up with anybody who might be following or come across this thread in a search.

The key is suppose to come out in either of the "Black Dot" positions. One of those "Black Dot" positions leaves the tail light on and the other "Black Dot" position turns off all the power.

My key was stuck in the tumbler in the all power off "Black Dot" position. I was unaware that the key could be removed in this position as it was stuck so I assumed that I wired it backwards.

A little oil in the tumbler and the key comes out as it's suppose too, in both black dot positions.

Thank you Loud Mouse, you're a great resource.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Thu May 26, 2016 5:02 am

As alwaus a pleasure to be of help. .........................lm
WrenchRust wrote:Just to follow up with anybody who might be following or come across this thread in a search.

The key is suppose to come out in either of the "Black Dot" positions. One of those "Black Dot" positions leaves the tail light on and the other "Black Dot" position turns off all the power.

My key was stuck in the tumbler in the all power off "Black Dot" position. I was unaware that the key could be removed in this position as it was stuck so I assumed that I wired it backwards.

A little oil in the tumbler and the key comes out as it's suppose too, in both black dot positions.

Thank you Loud Mouse, you're a great resource.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home