Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CP77 winkers

Charging System, Wiring, Lighting
WrenchRust
honda305.com Member

CP77 winkers

Post by WrenchRust » Wed May 30, 2018 7:55 pm

I have a 64 CP77 that originally came with winkers. The bike has the right hand winker control as part of the start button housing. Coming from the right hand control housing are 4 wires.

Yellow/red (starter)
White (not hooked up to anything)
Grey wire (hooked up to a grey wire in the harness but i see a grey wire under the carbs that comes out of the harness and isn't hooked up to anything)
Orange hooked up to front and rear L winker

The R winker is hooked up to a light blue wire but I'm not sure where that wire comes from.

I'm assuming that the white and/or grey wire connect with the relay, or is suppose too. Looks like the relay has a grey and a black (or dark blue) wires coming from it.

Any suggestions on where to start?

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Re: CP77 winkers

Post by e3steve » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:05 am

WrenchRust wrote:I have a 64 CP77 that originally came with winkers. The bike has the right hand winker control as part of the start button housing. Coming from the right hand control housing are 4 wires.

Yellow/red (starter)
White (not hooked up to anything)
Grey wire (hooked up to a grey wire in the harness but i see a grey wire under the carbs that comes out of the harness and isn't hooked up to anything)
Orange hooked up to front and rear L winker

The R winker is hooked up to a light blue wire but I'm not sure where that wire comes from.

I'm assuming that the white and/or grey wire connect with the relay, or is suppose too. Looks like the relay has a grey and a black (or dark blue) wires coming from it.

Any suggestions on where to start?
Did you sort this?

DJM
honda305.com Member

Wiring colours

Post by DJM » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:08 pm

I suspect that the 'white' wire you are looking at on the switch is actually a light blue wire that has faded.

Wiring colours are as follows.

Grey wire is the feed to the switch from the flasher unit.

If you find the flasher unit it should have two wires attached, a black one which is 12v feed and live all the time the ignition is switched on. Second wire is a grey one which will disappear into the harness to re-emerge in the headlight and then connect to the switch.

The other two wires coming from the switch are the Orange and Light blue which feed the left hand and right hand indicators respectively.

Hope this helps

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home