Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Early Honda CA77 battery upgrade

Charging System, Wiring, Lighting
Frank
honda305.com Member

Early Honda CA77 battery upgrade

Post by Frank » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:57 am

Hi everyone, Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Tootie De Marco, I'm a vintage Honda enthusiast with a real passion for Honda Dreams. While restoring my Ca77, I realized that a good battery for the early dreams were non existent,(long and thin) Although the Wisco jb 2 is still available, they fall short in several ways.
As a machinist by trade, I designed and developed an upgraded battery option to the 50+ year old acid batteries. After researching the new AGM batteries, I machined a impact resistant plastic adapter to fit the early CA77s exactly as the original battery would. This allows you to use all the factory Honda components with no modification, while having the benefits of a modern battery!
The battery/adapter turned out so well, that I decided to manufacture a few extra and offer them to fellow CA77 enthusiasts.
If anyone out there is interested, please contact me. You can email me at demarcostaxidermy@ frontier.com or call 304 592-1154. Thanks!

Muddy
honda305.com Member

Post by Muddy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:24 am

Email sent - looks great.
Thanks.

Regards

Muddy

'64 C72
'63 C72

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home