Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Pictures and a question

Charging System, Wiring, Lighting
wesben
honda305.com Member

Pictures and a question

Post by wesben » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:20 pm

I have a question I hope you guys can help me with. First though here are photos of the bike. I know from LM and others it is always good to show photos and location before asking quesitons. So I am hoping they all show up.

This 64 CA77 was my father-in-laws. I rode the bike some back in the early eighties. Then it sat around for years, the engine froze up and was pretty much neglected. He gave me the bike and then passed away within a year. My hope is to get it back up and running.

CA77 001 by nebsew36, on Flickr

CA77 002 by nebsew36, on Flickr

I had the frame and parts painted and the engine rebuilt (thanks lm). Most of the parts are in boxes so I am learing as I go along. I'll likely have a load of quesitons but will stick to just one for now.

Below is my ignition switch. I have been searching posts on here for help. I see posts mentioning 5 and 6 position switches for CA77 but none about 4 position as this one is. I did see on the schematic for the CB-CL160 a 4 position switch and the pin outs on the back are the same as mine. So I'm thinking someone may have swaped it out some time in the past. It seems to be a good switch so the question is does anyone forsee any problems with me using this switch and what should I be concerned about with wiring it up if anything? The switch I have does not have a ST terminal on the back. Where would I attach the Black and Red start solenoid wire? They had it attached to the TL terminal on this switch but I don't think that worked out well as the wire for the taillight is melted throughout the harness. Also missing is a ML terminal. Can I piggy back the Meter light to the headlamp (HL)?

CA77 004 by nebsew36, on Flickr[/img]

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home