Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Wanted - CB77 Mid Height Handlebar

Looking for Bikes, Parts, Etc.? Post it here or try the New Honda305.com Auctions !!!
G-Man
honda305.com Member

Post by G-Man » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:46 pm

Seadog

Ah yes, I've see those on eBay. The design looks really neat.

No spare switches, I'm afraid. The trick I'm told is to get hold of an SL90 switch and modifiy it.

One left here....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-NOS-HONDA ... XQE31RmE~5

G

Seadog wrote:Thanks, G.

I'm using some mounts from Thailand. See https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-305-Supe ... 1438.l2649

Do you have a spare winker switch in your bag of tricks?

I've been playing with the throttle cable. The mid-rise cable seems too long and the flat bar cable too short.
'60 C77 '60 C72 '62 C72 Dream '63 CL72
'61 CB72 '64 CB77 '65 CB160
'66 Matchless 350 '67 CL77
'67 S90 '77 CB400F

Seadog
honda305.com Member

Post by Seadog » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:54 pm

Thanks, G.

The brackets work well and I like them, but they aren’t really made extremely well and the plating isn’t the best quality. Still, they’re the best option out there, in my opinion.

Thanks for the link. I’d heard of the SL90 switch conversion, but it seems a bit of a chore. I might be tempted if the SL90 switch top fit the CB switch bottom, but I don’t think that’s the case. I’ll live with what I have; it works and doesn’t look too bad. I’ll also keep my eyes open just in case the real deal shows up. I did find one for my Dream project and I’ve almost paid off the loan I took out to buy it.

Seadog

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:46 am

Seadog wrote:Thanks, G.

I'm using some mounts from Thailand. See https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-305-Supe ... 1438.l2649

Do you have a spare winker switch in your bag of tricks?

I've been playing with the throttle cable. The mid-rise cable seems too long and the flat bar cable too short.
Those Thai girls certainly seem to come up with solutions, don’t they, Dawg?

Surely you could shorten the longer throttle cable; the nipples usually de-solder, especially when relatively new. I managed to do that with a front brake cable, back in the early seventies, using my old man’s kerosene blowlamp, so I’m certain it would be easy enough to ‘do’ a throttle cable...

Good luck, chum!

Seadog
honda305.com Member

Post by Seadog » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:40 am

Steve,

Well, the low-bar throttle cable seems to be working alright and I've been able to sync the carb slides, so I think I'll be okay with that. It looks as if the shorter clutch cable will work too, but I haven't removed the side case cover to attach that end yet. The low-bar front brake cable will definitely not work. I presently have the mid-length cable on, but it's very close to the exhaust down pipe and will need to be shortened. I've been looking at UTube tutorials on shortening cables and I might give it a try myself.
e3steve wrote:Those Thai girls certainly seem to come up with solutions, don’t they, Dawg?

Surely you could shorten the longer throttle cable; the nipples usually de-solder, especially when relatively new. I managed to do that with a front brake cable, back in the early seventies, using my old man’s kerosene blowlamp, so I’m certain it would be easy enough to ‘do’ a throttle cable...

Good luck, chum!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home